Bitrix24 Community

Support » Forum » Documents and Bitrix24.Drive » Drive renaming issue
Pages: 1
RSS
Drive renaming issue
Either the Drive tool is full of bugs, handling the files in a strange manner, or I am too stupid to use it.

First of all I had many files with a red cross symbolizing that they are not synced corrctly, how does this happen and how can I fix it?

Anyway, I decided to rename several folders with unsynced files in it because I found out that the files in there get synced again somehow after renaming. After that I had the newly uploaded renamed folders but also the folders with the old names looking at my drive in the web portal. So why is this happening? I want to have the same synced structure on my PC and in the web-drive and not some duplicates in web drive after renaming folders.

Also when I renamed single files they were completely deleted from my pc and some of them just showed up in the root folder of my drive?!

With this somehow inexplicable behaviour it is impossible to store files securely within drive, because you don't know what folders and files are on PC and what are in web-drive, or are there just some things you shouldn't do in the drive folder on PC so that everything works fine?
What I did now is copying a folder with subfolders into a subfolder in my local drive, what happend is that the copied subfolders ended up in the root directory of my web-drive when I looked at the sync status in the browser.

This is driving me crazy, it is impossible to use that software as the file handling is inexplicable. Please announce it when you release have a working syncing-software like dropbox or google drive, I will stop using it so far.
Hi Alex,

Rename option schould work fine both ways after files are synchronized. I guess the problem comes from the failed synchronization, which can be caused by the desktop app. I would kindly ask you to report this to our Helpdesk with the desktop app version number. Thank you.

Best,

Yana.
I'm having the same issue on my end as well. and while Bitrix serves all our purposes,the sync function is absolutely horrendous. The Sync speeds are laughable - at bytes per second.

How long would we need to take to sync our files?! It takes multiple disconnect/ reconnect cycles to work over a few days to "sync" - even then it does not work well, and we're on a paid service.
Does Bitrix have a dedicated API like Box or dropbox that works specifically for file sync?  
Hi Edward!

We don't have it now, but we plan to add it this year (maybe in this spring release in May or later)

Best,

Yana.
Thanks yana. We have another problem. is there a way to make a certain copy a 'master' copy. We are having an issue with our sync, in that older versions of our files/ structures are overwriting newer ones, or duplicating themselves. we have ended up with completely messed up file structures. how can we go about putting everything right?
Dear Edward!

Please contact our Helpdeskasap with more details, they will assist.

Best,

Yana.  
Edward Tanwrote:
I'm having the same issue on my end as well. and while Bitrix serves all our purposes,the sync function is   absolutely horrendous  . The Sync speeds are laughable - at bytes per second.

I added some extra emphasis there.

The file syncing is virtually useless to us at this point. I can't get my staff to use it because it keeps not working. Weird folders show up with _GROUP appended to them, changing folders leaves a bunch of emptied out file folders,  it's a trainwreck. I've contacted support and am waiting, I've not yet had any success with contacting support though.

Also thanks for having me sign up with Facebook so you always use my pseudonym on the forums. Gosh I just love that. Who wouldn't want their throwaway Facebook profile (the one they use to sign up for intrusive services that want to use your Facebook) as their forum username?  
Edward Tanwrote:
I'm having the same issue on my end as well. and while Bitrix serves all our purposes,the sync function is   absolutely horrendous  . The Sync speeds are laughable - at bytes per second.

How long would we need to take to sync our files?! It takes multiple disconnect/ reconnect cycles to work over a few days to "sync" - even then it does not work well, and we're on a   paid   service.
I agree on this, paid subscribers shuold have a better speed on sync files via desktop and the cloud
Yana Prokopetswrote:
Dear Edward!

Please contact our  Helpdesk asap with more details, they will assist.

Best,

Yana.
Helpdesk is not giving any help at all, i have a ticket which is 1 month old but until now no progress..
Dear Alvin!

It looks like your Drive logs need to be examined. Unfortunately the problems can be of different nature & we cannot say what is causing these ones in your case. Please note that we don't have access to user's accounts due to the privacy policy, that is why I would kindly ask you to open the desktop app & with the help of the given below commads open the desktop app logs folder:

Cnrtl+Shift+L (for Windows)  or Cmnd+Shift+L (for Mac)

please copy all the files & folders in this library, archieve it & attach to the ticket  - so that our devs can have a direct look at the problem nature. Thank you.

Thank you.

Yana.
Dear users!

We've added an ability to upload documents to Bitrix24 from external drives, such as OneDrive, Dropbox and Google Drive (more on the way).

Best,

Yana.
Thanks Yana, Does Bitrix plan to have an interface with Box (https://www.box.com/)?  
Yes, we do plan, I'll be adble to advise the actual schedule for Box later.

Best,

Yana.
BITRIX24 DRIVE FOR DESKTOP ON A MAC IS ABSOLUTELY F%^&*(ING WORTHLESS IN SYNCING.

We are on a PAID PROFESSIONAL unlimited account and it is ABSOLUTELY WORTHLESS.  13.4GB uploaded, crashed now 9 times over 24 hours.  WTF???

IF YOU ARE CONSIDERING BUYING THIS SERVICE, RENT A BULLET AND SHOOT YOURSELF NOW.  IT IS LESS PAINFUL THAN USING THIS COMPANY'S PRODUCT.

Upload speeds are like 3.6K most of the time... bursts from time to time to 600K but exactly that TIME TO TIME.

Crashes and hangs for ABSOLUTELY NO REASONS.

TECH SUPPORT GIVES YOU HELP ANSWERS 16 HOURS LATER AND THEY ARE FLAWED LIKE COMMAND+SHIFT+L DOESN'T EVEN WORK ON A MAC ANYMORE.

I had to buy MacRemove at $30 to REMOVE their hidden files.  I had to go into Terminal to turn it on.  How many people know how to do that?  SERIOUSLY?  

You take are money and we get sh!t for product usability.

do yourself a favor and DO NOT OVER PROMISE AND UNDER DELIVER.  REMOVE THE PRODUCT UNTIL YOU HAVE IT WORKING.

COMPLETELY DISGRUNTLED AND LOSING MASSIVE AMOUNTS OF MONEY NOW HERE.
Hi David,

We are sorry you had this experience, could you please advise your ticket ID so we can investigate your issue? Thank you.

Just in case you haven't removed the app completely yet & have our desktop app logs at your disposal (Cmd+Shift+L when you're inside desktop app or, if the combination doesn't work  -  Finder > Go > "Go to folder" = /Users/username/.bxd) - we would kindly ask you to attach them to your ticket, because that is the fastest way possible for our dev team to look in to tech details of the problem. This would allow us to identify the problem source & fix it asap. Thank you.

Best,

Yana.
Good day

I've converted the whole cloud service of our small company over to Britix24 as it seemed like a real good option.
I mean, how can you go wrong with a company with 1,000,000 customers!!???
We'll after almost a week and little sleep, I feel like I want to scream and kick at Brixit24!
What a disastrous Desktop app for sycning!
We are very Dependent on the functionality and reliability of the desktop app to do it job properly and effectively and so the whole of its cloud service.
We do not collaborate online!

The desktop app Crashes every so often on almost all of the pc's.
Files then don't  get synced or updated prompty and cuases conflicts to late to figure out!
Why is this app so finicky and crashable??!! Desktop user don't need to 'fix' and clear cashe just to get it to 'work' again!

How on earth can you still have issues like this Bitrix! With so called 1,000,000 customers!!!
And with previous problems the same as this since almost two years ago!

I have experience all of the issues as the clients above did to some extent!
Is there some problem that you are not able to fix the problems?
Should I rather look out for another service?
We were thinking of upgrading! BUT NOT with these issues we are encountering. It messes up so many things! I'm on constant support to try and fix and manage the mishaps Bitrix24 causes! OUr work needs to flow, I need to do OTHER real work!

We used Cubby before it closed down, almost never has it let us down like this in the 3 years we've been using it!

I really hope to hear back from you promptly and that you'll have a real solution that is stable and reliable.

Thanks! Jaco
Edited: Hoof Admin Cando - 11/23/2016 13:12:06 (grammar mistakes)
Hi Hoof Admin Cando!

Please advise you Helpdesk ticket number so that we can look deeper into your problem. Unfortunately such problems are not of the same nature - they may be caused by different issues. We'll try to do our best to resolve your particular case asap. Thank you.

Best,

Yana.
Pages: 1
2,000,000+
organizations
are already using Bitrix24