Bitrix24 Community

Support » Forum » Documents and Bitrix24.Drive » New icons layout: where are document properties? and tags?
Pages: 1
RSS
New icons layout: where are document properties? and tags?
Today MyDrive icons of folders and documents have suddenly changed. The only columns which appear in document list are names, date and size while my personal setting (which included tags and description) is no longer visible. Moreover at document upload no properties can be inputted. What happened?
Hi Andrea!

We have recently updated the Drive for all Bitrix24 accounts. Please read more in this post Please contact our Helpdesk for the tags & description question

Best,

Yana.
The Hyperlink in your post is wrong. Could you please correct?
Dear Andrea,

Please check now (my apologies).

Best,

Yana.
I read the blog, but I still don't see how to add tags or descriptions. Wasn't there also the ability to subscribe to a document in order to be alerted to updates and new versions?  
Hi Jenn,

Tags & descriptions are not available now, but the devs are working on them already - these options will be added soon as well.

Best,

Yana.
Hi,

Any news on tagging files? is it coming back soon? Thanks
Hi Jesús!

Unfortunately no news at the moment.

Best,

Yana.
Yana Prokopets wrote:
Hi Jesús!

Unfortunately no news at the moment.

Best,

Yana.
What a pity. We want to switch from Alfresco, but tagging files is really important to us. If I may ask... why did you drop this feature?  Thanks.
Edited: Jesús Moya - 10/16/2015 12:45:41
Hi Jesús,

We didn't drop it in purpose, that is a technical issue - after our big Drive module update this option requires further development - we have plans to add it back later.

Best,

Yana.
Any news about file tags and parameters
Hi Omar!

Not yet, thanks for bringing the topic up.

Best,

Yana.
Hi!

Any news about this?!
As we want to use Bitrix24 as a sharepoint replacement -  this is a must have....
We need properties to easily search, group or filter all documents within Drive.

Hopefully this is soon available (again)...

Thanks, Markus
Hi Markus!

Properties and history are available:

Comments are not available anymore from docs, but that is done because you can share files & comment on them inside Activity Stream messages.

What is not yet added back  - tags.

Best,

Yana.
Yana Prokopets wrote:
Hi Markus!

Properties and history are available:

Comments are not available anymore from docs, but that is done because you can share files & comment on them inside Activity Stream messages.

What is not yet added back  - tags.

Best,

Yana.
Hi Yana!

thanks for your update. But is it possible to add or change properties?! This is what I meant!
Do you know, if tags will be available again in the future?!

Kind Regards, Markus
Unfortunately it is not clear with tags yet. Properties can not be added unfortunately. Could you share an example of scenario when you need to edit them and what exactly? Thanks.

Best,

Yana.
Yana Prokopets wrote:
Unfortunately it is not clear with tags yet. Properties can not be added unfortunately. Could you share an example of scenario when you need to edit them and what exactly? Thanks.

Best,

Yana.
Hi Yana!

In SharePoint and ANY other Document Management solution I know, it's easy (and the heart of a DMS) to work with properties.
So you are able to create new ones, like projectname, projectnumber, customername, customernumber, categroies and so on.
You could easily group, sort or find them.

So you are able not to work with a complicated folder structure for example or have to save the same document in more than one folder, and so on.

As I said - this is a must have if you think about using Bitrix as a DMS.

Anything else is still here:
History, Workflow, Search, like, Discussion, Stream, and so on.

I don't want to compare Bitrix to expensive DMS. But Bitrix offers so much base - functionality to use as a DMS. Why not integrating this?!
And as I understood - it was there already before (see the first post here). You should think about that again to use Bitrix as a simple DMS.

Kind Regards, Markus
Markus Hendrich wrote:
Yana Prokopets  wrote:

Best,

Yana.
Hi Yana!

In SharePoint and ANY other Document Management solution I know, it's easy (and the heart of a DMS) to work with properties.
So you are able to create new ones, like projectname, projectnumber, customername, customernumber, categroies and so on.
You could easily group, sort or find them.

So you are able not to work with a complicated folder structure for example or have to save the same document in more than one folder, and so on.

As I said - this is a must have if you think about using Bitrix as a DMS.

Anything else is still here:
History, Workflow, Search, like, Discussion, Stream, and so on.

I don't want to compare Bitrix to expensive DMS. But Bitrix offers so much base - functionality to use as a DMS. Why not integrating this?!
And as I understood - it was there already before (see the first post here). You should think about that again to use Bitrix as a simple DMS.

Kind Regards, Markus
Good Examples.the main ones we need is a property called revision so we can set it to A01 then A02 then B01 and so on.
and discipline like Mech and Civil and so on.

get the picture
Thanks for the details, Markus & Omar! I'll pass these suggestions to the devs.

Best,

Yana.
Pages: 1
2,000,000+
organizations
are already using Bitrix24