Bitrix24 Community

Support » Forum » Documents and Bitrix24.Drive » Workgroup drive permisions
Pages: 1
RSS
Workgroup drive permisions, A user with 'Edit' permission can still delete files
Hi

According to another post, the Edit permission is for reading + editing files, and the full access permission is to also allow deleting.

I have set up a workgroup with me as the owner and one other member, and I have added files to it's drive. If I give a the member Edit permission he is still able to delete files irreversibly.

If I give this same member Read permission then he can not upload or delete which is correct. I have not set up any department permissions that could conflict.

I would like members to be able to add files and folders, but not to delete anything.
Hi Craig!

read = only read
edit = edit, upload & delete (otherwise if delete won't be available user can erase file content & leave empty file instead)

Anyway with edit access level - the file revison history will always be available - you as group owner can restore any of the file versions, if the file will be moved to the recycle bin - it can be also restored by you.

Best,

Yana.  
Thanks Yana, but I can't restore a file or see revision history if the user selects 'Delete irreversibly' instead of 'Move to recycle bin'.

Most of our files are pdf so the users are not able to edit the contents in any case.
but I can't restore a file or see revision history if the user selects 'Delete irreversibly' instead of 'Move to recycle bin'.
I see, thanks for sharing, we'll see what we can do in this regard.

Best,

Yana.
Pages: 1
2,000,000+
organizations
are already using Bitrix24