Bitrix24 Community

Support » Forum » Documents and Bitrix24.Drive » A couple quick questions...
Pages: 1
RSS
A couple quick questions...
So I've been testing bitrix as a solution for our business, and I'm having a little difficulty tracking down documentation regarding specific details.

I've also not found one repository, so to speak, of documentation that gives really in-depth information regarding the platform as a self-hosted version.

Here's an example of one of the problems I have:

Business Processes / Modify Document / Action Parameters / Condition

somenumberfield      = {=Variable:Variable1} - 1

What I'm trying to do is subtract 1 from a variable of number type, to be assigned to a number type field. This syntax refuses to work for me. I've spent considerable time looking for some reference as to the syntax (or way in general), but I have had no luck.

Also, I've come across absolutely no documentation regarding the use of PHP events in business processes, or the other PHP references throughout bitrix that I suppose allow you to enter in raw PHP.

What I mean by this is, is there a specific format for this? Some variable access reference? Any sort of examples?

I really need better documentation about these, and other, more detailed features.

Any help would be appreciated,
thanks
Hi,

Please specify what exactly is going wrong (what the problem is about) when you try to substract?

We have modulated same schema as you described (see screenshot) and the field's value has been substracted

Have you seen this documantation? You may find it helpful

Please provide more details on what kind of information (description) do you need?

For PHP-code execution there is an action in business processes - "PHP Code". What kind of difficulties do you have when using it?

Kind Regards,

Yana.
I've figured out why it is that I could not previously get the variable subtraction working... As it turns out, you can't subtract 1 fr om 1 or the return looks something like this: ={1}-1

Joy.

As far as what difficulties I'm having in general: I need to know the syntax of what I'm supposed to put in the action parameters fields, or PHP action. Nowhere, not even the aforementioned documentation, can I find that.

Example:
somenumberfield      = {=Variable:Variable1} - 1

Does it say anywhere in that documentation that you can even do that?

In regards to the PHP action, what I mean is, is it raw untagged PHP or not?

Example:
<?php $i=0; ?>
<? $i=0; ?>
$i=0;

Also is there some sort of variable access (to those variables in that business process, or anywhere else in bitrix)?

Example:
<? echo $Variable1 - 1; ?>
<? echo $BitrixHeader; ?>

What I'm truly getting to here is, as I said, syntactically, it seems that there is no documentation!

Please, point me to wh ere this is if it's not the case.

Also, why on earth can I not subtract 1 from 1 to return 0, and, why is there ever ANYTHING but a number in a number field?
Edited: admin admin - 11/15/2013 17:44:18
Hi,

I've figured out why it is that I could not previously get the variable subtraction working... As it turns out, you can't subtract 1 fr om 1 or the return looks something like this: ={1}-1
We do not observe such problem on our computers, please contact our Help Desk for further technical assistance.

Does it say anywhere in that documentation that you can even do that?
Yes, please find it here.

In regards to the PHP action, what I mean is, is it raw untagged PHP or not?
It turned out that PHP action can only be used in the Self-Hosted version. We will fix this mistake, this action will not be displayed as available in the list.

Please describe your task in details - we will try to provide you with a solution without PHP code usage.

Kind Regards,

Yana.
BTW you may be interested in our Thanksgiving Specials - Bitrix24 Self-Hosted 30% off!

Regards,

Yana.
Pages: 1
2,000,000+
organizations
are already using Bitrix24