Bitrix24 Community

Support » Forum » Documents and Bitrix24.Drive » Shared files questions
Pages: 1
RSS
Shared files questions
Under "my files" - "shared files" - I went into "more" and gave an employee full access.  Where can this employee see this in the cloud and ios app?

Also, I've shared a file via activity stream, but saved the file in a document library (a workgroup actually).  I see the file in the workgroup/files, but I want to have a discussion related to only this doc - and per the forum entries on this (see below) - it says "
If the file is saved in a document library, discussion can likewise go on in the document’s detail page. " -- where is this?

I've thoroughly read the following doc: http://www.bitrix24.com/support/forum/messages/forum3/topic1025/message5345/#message5345

but can't find the answers.

Thanks for your help!
Hi Jason,

Under "my files" - "shared files" - I went into "more" and gave an employee full access.  Where can this employee see this in the cloud and ios app?
Your employee has to go to your Profile page ( Jason Fuller Profile) - open "Files" section .

If the file is saved in a document library, discussion can likewise go on in the document’s detail page. " -- where is this?
You can start a discussion on the document either by sharing the document in the Activity Stream  (the discussion will follow as comments to the Activity Stream message then)  or on the document detail page (inside of the workgroup where you have saved this file). To open document detail page - please go to your Group>Files - in the Actions menu please select "Discussion"

Click "Add new comment"

If you want to give a specific access to all or particular employees not to the whole group, but to this specific document only - you can do that the following way:

In the same "Actions" Menu (next to the file name) choose "Access Permissions". In the Access Permissions Management Window click "Add" - choose users, departments, or social network groups (not User groups) and specify the level of access.

Now the employees you gave access to can go to this Group  and see this particular file, edit and comment (depends on the level of access you gave).

Please advise if that answered your questions.

Thank you.

Kind Regards,

Yana.
Great!  Thank you Yana,

I have another related question - if a file is added to a message, is that file stored in any of the file areas?  or is it stuck with the message only, and you have to search for that message if you want that file?

Regards,
Jason
If a file is added to a message (or to comment to a message) -  this file is stored in "My files">"Downloads" folder. It means you do not need to search for the message itselve, but you can open the file from "My files" section. Please note that if you remember the file name (or at least a part of it) - you can also use a Smart Search to find any files (tasks, messages, etc) you need fast & easy.

Regards,

Yana.
Pages: 1
2,000,000+
organizations
are already using Bitrix24