Bitrix24 Community

Support » Forum » Documents and Bitrix24.Drive » How to block inheritance of access permission on sub folders
Pages: 1
RSS
How to block inheritance of access permission on sub folders, How to block inheritance of access permission on sub folders in workgroup drive
Hello
I would like to know, is there a way to block inherited permissions on sub folders. I have  created a workgroup and created folders and sub folders in workgroup drive. I have set read permission for some users on the main folder, now I wants to restrict the access on  some of the sub folders. Since the read permsiion is inhering to the subfolders, I have to set access denied permission for individual users on the sub folders.It is difficult to impliment this when we have multiple sub folders and users. SO is it possible to bolck the inheritance of permission to sub folders.

Thanks

Seema Cyriac
Hi  Seema,

There is no possibility to block inherite dpermissions, but what you can try to do is to set main folder "all users denied" status with exceptions (user 1=access, user 3=access, etc). Same for the subfolders (please also take into account main access prmissions to the group's drive).

The access permissions work rule is:

If a user is assigned various roles (e.g. belongs to both a workgroup and a department which are granted different roles), the user will always be granted the highest level of access allowed by the various roles.

Kind Regards,

Yana.
Thank you Yana for your support.

Regards
Seema Cyriac
Pages: 1
2,000,000+
organizations
are already using Bitrix24