Bitrix24 Community

Support » Forum » CRM » Feature request: email templates
Pages: 1
RSS
Feature request: email templates
It would be very nice if I could both define rich text/ html email templates or at the very least include a signature of some type when sending a message.  right now the message feature is exceedingly basic.  still i would like to see specific responses defined. i suppose that some of these could be better specified via business process templates.
It will be possible to create email templates sending from CRM this Fall.
I see that email templates have been created.  However, when I added fields such as #CONTACT.NAME#, etc. they don't pull that info from the contact I'm sending the email to.

Also, once this is fixed, how can I add custom fields to email templates.  This is a MUST HAVE feature.
Hi, Joshua!

However, when I added fields such as #CONTACT.NAME#, etc. they don't pull that info from the contact I'm sending the email to.

Are these fields filled?
Do you have a problem with all fields in email templates?

Also, once this is fixed, how can I add custom fields to email templates.  This is a MUST HAVE feature.

We passed a proposal for adding custom fileds in mail templates to the development department.

regards
Evgeniya
Have custom fields been added to email templates yet? I need them in all modules...Roy Weinberg
No, unfortunately, this feature hasn't been added yet.

regards
Evgeniya
Evgeniya Boyko wrote:
Hi, Joshua!
However, when I added fields such as #CONTACT.NAME#, etc. they don't pull that info from the contact I'm sending the email to.

Are these fields filled?
Do you have a problem with all fields in email templates?
Also, once this is fixed, how can I add custom fields to email templates. This is a MUST HAVE feature.

We passed a proposal for adding custom fileds in mail templates to the development department.

regards
Evgeniya
Hi,

Is there any estimated time frame by which this would be done. I have created custom fields for Leads and we had the ability to add Custom Fields to the Email Template, then my email template would be 100% ready-to-go as is.
Unfortunately we cannot specify certain terms of realizing this feature.

regards
Evgeniya
Don't have the option to send a template email to my companies. Am I missing a step?
Edited: Jenna Smith - 09/04/2013 22:44:03 (spelling)
Could you attach screenshots of this problem?

regards
Evgeniya
Hi,

Is it already possible to use custom fields in e-mail templates?
Thanks!

Koen
Hi Koen,

Unfortunately not yet. Please advise what task you need to solve with this feature, if possible give details what info you need to add to the email template.

Thank you!

Regards,

Yana.
Hello

I can use a custom template, and pull the custom information in; when I create the email from within the lead.

But when I try and do these by just selecting the lead, and then 'sending a message' as the next action - it does not pick up the custom lead information.

Am i doing something wrong?

Thanks

Lee
Edited: B24_601611 - 06/18/2014 06:59:32
Hi,

Do you mean you don't have your templates list to choose from in the email creation form? Or something different? Thanks.

Yana.
Hello Yana,

Yes it is picking up the template, but it is not filling in the fields  i.e. #lead.name#.

It will do when I select leads individually; but not when I select the lead using the check box.

Thanks

Lee
Dear Lee,

The reason is that now this template will be sent to all selected users, that's why we did restricted this option (the name will not be inserted) - so that when you perform a mass mailing - your clients won't get the full list of each others names.

Yana.
Koen Zwetsloot wrote:
Hi,

Is it already possible to use custom fields in e-mail templates?
Thanks!

Koen
This feature has still not been integrated during the last 3 years, right??

Does anyone know a workaround? We need(!) to add a custom "salutation" field (amongst others).

Timm
Hi Timm!

Not yet, thanks for your vote on this option.

Best,

Yana.
Yana Prokopets wrote:
Dear Lee,

The reason is that now this template will be sent to all selected users, that's why we did restricted this option (the name will not be ins erted) - so that when you perform a mass mailing - your clients won't get the full list of each others names.

Yana.
Yana, I don't understand what you mean.  Why would the clients get the full list of each others names?  If I sele ct 20 clients to send a reminder email (or something similar), I should be able to pull each of their names and other custom fields as necessary to customize the emails.  Your system should be able to do this and each customer would only receive their own customized email, NOT everyone else's emails???  Just about every CRM out there has this simple functionality.  I'd love to switch to Bitrix24, but when will this be added?
Your system should be able to do this and each customer would only receive their own customized email
Unfortunately at this very moment this option is not yet available, I mean you can email your clients in bulk (they will not see each other as recipients and will not see each others email address), but  - client name to text -  auto insert option is not available for bulk mailing right now. I'll pass the suggestion to the devs. Thank you.

Best,

Yana.
Hi there

Is there any update on being able to select custom field information in template emails?

regards
Hanna
Hi Hanna,

The email part of the CRM module hasn't been updated yet, we may come back to this later next year. Thanks for the suggestion.

Best,

Yana.
Hi Yana

Thanks for your reply. It would be great if it could be even earlier - one of the main reasons we have chosen Bitrix is the template email facility. We need to send approval emails, renewal reminders, etc, and I am disappointed to see that I can't incorporate the custom fields that I have created. It's a major issue as this is an area which takes so much time to do manually because of the detail that needs to be included in each email.

regards
Hanna
I see.. thanks for the clarification, I'll pass the suggestion to the devs. We may consider it for the spring release.

Best,

Yana.
Thanks Yana, and for your quick reply. I look forward to an update :)
Good morning I'm producing the company's e-mail templates and I'm having difficulties with some tags.
Our e-mail signature will look like this:

<! Beginning of Email Signature>
____________________________________________________________­_______________
# CONTACT.NAME # # CONTACT.LAST_NAME #
     # CONTACT.ASSIGNED_BY_WORK_POSITION
     +55 (21) 982 884 604 | Skype: DMauricioCampos

>>> Follow me the good ones.
      [WWW] [Youtube] [LinkedIn] [Behance] [Udemy]

Think art, live design.
<! End of email signature>

But I want the phone number, Skype, and social media to appear automatically according to the data that employees will include in their employee roster.

Where do I see this tag map to do what I need?
Hi Mauricio,

You can add selected fields to email templates - all available fields are listed.

Best,

Yana.
Thanks Yana,

1.  I still don't get any field added, for bulk or otherwise.

2.  There is just a small list of available field not "all available fields" as you say.

Is this related to the present Fields problem?

Thanks

Charles
1.  I still don't get any field added, for bulk or otherwise.
Placeholders work for individual emails not in bulk

2.  There is just a small list of available field not "all available fields" as you say.
Yes, that's what I've meant - there is a list of fields available, not all default (or custom) fields can be added.

Actually, we haven't revised this module for a while, thanks for the suggestions.

Best,

Yana.
Pages: 1
2,000,000+
organizations
are already using Bitrix24