Bitrix24 Community

Support » Forum » CRM » Basic CRM Questions
Pages: 1
RSS
Basic CRM Questions, Hide Activities? Edit Selection Lists? Delete standard fields?
Forgive these basic questions from a newbie:

1) Activities: Is it possible to hide the activities (quotes, invoices, leads) we will not use?
2) Selection Lists: Is it possible to delete or edit the names of selection lists (rather than the list options themselves)? For instance, I don't need to use the Statuses list but may like to re-purpose it for something else
3) Custom fields:  I've successfully created custom fields, but is it possible to delete fields from the standard template?  For instance, I would like to remove the date of birth field so it never shows as an option.
4) Filters: I created a filter in Contacts by mistake - how can I delete it?

Any help much appreciated.
Thanks so much!

Rachel
Hi Rachel!

Welcome to Bitrix24! :-)

1) Activities: Is it possible to hide the activities (quotes, invoices, leads) we will not use?
Yes, Click on the settings icon in the left side menu next to "My Workspace":

In the CRM section choose sections you don't need & with the help of "edit" icon (pencil) hide these items:

2) Selection Lists: Is it possible to delete or edit the names of selection lists (rather than the list options themselves)

No, the selection lists names cannot be edited currently.

3)  .... is it possible to delete fields from the standard template? (.. remove the date of birth field so it never shows as an option.)

You cannot delete the standard fields, only hide them in the form:

4) Filters: I created a filter in Contacts by mistake - how can I delete it?
Open this new filter tab, click settings icon, choose "delete".

Kind Regards,

Yana.
Thanks so much, Yana!

A couple of follow up questions:
I'm trying to hide activities like Quotes, Invoices, Leads (rather than Tasks, Calendar, My Drive) - these don't feature under My Workspace settings.  Is there a way to do this?

3) .... is it possible to delete fields from the standard template? (.. remove the date of birth field so it never shows as an option.)
Great, thanks!  Can I make these sure these hidden fields are standard across all our users, not just for me?

Thank you!  I'm so grateful for your quick support.
Rachel
Answered my own question 1 - sorry!

Just the second question, please
Rachel
OK, back to question 1 - I've hidden the activities from the left menu, but they still show on the top bar (see attached).  Can I hide them on here?

Question 2 still stands - Can I make sure that changes I make (hiding fields etc.) are standard across my users?  So everyone sees what I see?

THANK YOU!
Hi Rachel!

Ok,

. is it possible to delete fields from the standard template? (.. remove the date of birth field so it never shows as an option.)
Great, thanks!  Can I make these sure these hidden fields are standard across all our users, not just for me?

For that please click "Save preferences for all users" option in the Settings icon (see screenshots below)
- if you are hiding fields in  the new CRM item form (e.g. new contact):

- if you are hiding fields in the existing CRM item form (e.g. lead):

In this case users will see same form as you.

back to question 1 - I've hidden the activities from the left menu, but they still show on the top bar (see attached).  Can I hide them on here?
I'm afraid top bar menu cannot be edited currently.

Can I make sure that changes I make (hiding fields etc.) are standard across my users?  So everyone sees what I see?

For new CRM item creation form (see my 1st answer) - yes, but (!) the right side menu settings are individual for each user, so each of your employees would have to hide the menu tabs him\herself, I'm afraid.

Kind Regards,

Yana.
Thanks Yana!  One last question (I hope!).  For some reason I can't see "save preferences for all users" option in the Settings icon - I can only see "reset settings" - what am I doing wrong? Screenshot attached.

Best,
Rachel
Dear Rachel,

You should have admin status to be able to save preferences for all users, check CRM>Access Permissions> open your Role - check if you have option "user can edit settings" switched on (see screenshot 2 here)

Kind Regards,

Yana.
Thanks Yana.  The "user can edit settings" box was already ticked - should I be looking somewhere else?

Thanks for your continued support.
Rachel
Dear Rachel!

You schould also have administrative access to the intranet option enabled (not only CRM admin), you can check if you are or are not administrator in your profile:

You can be granted this admin access from Company>Employees>edit your profile>User information - tick option "employee has administrative access to the portal". This can be doen by your current intranet admin (by default the user who has registered the intranet has this admin status & can give it to you as well).

Hope this ehlps :-)

Best,

Yana.

Ist there a way to hide or remove the Region-Field, which is a part of the address-Block in Lead, Contacts, Companies?

Only the title of the Address label seems to be ediatable.
Hi Vaclav!

Unfortunately not, address fields form one black altogether.

Best,

Yana.
Dear Bitrix24 support. I would like to create a catalog of products with two sections. But i am not able to assign any of the products there. Cant find section management as recommended in previous ones...
Edited: Martin Kolacek - 07/27/2016 18:05:37
Martin, you should create the sections first (can be nested) and then click on the section name to enter, then create the products for that section.
See pics.

Ronaldo
---
Ronaldo Radünz

Bitrix24 Gold Partner
http://www.radsolucoes.com.br
Ronaldo Radünz wrote:
Martin, you should create the sections first (can be nested) and then click on the section name to enter, then create the products for that section.
See pics.

Ronaldo
Many thanks Ronaldo.

Martin
Hello,
I have to create a new type of user that should use the CRM tool considering the following permissions:

• Create and edit his own companies and contacts.

• See other companies (not his own) but do not see its contacts, stream and activities.
Basically, this user should see all the information about his companies but will not see details about other companies registered in Bitrix (the user should see only the list of companies).
Is it possible?

Thanks!
Hi Glauco,

You can set access for Companies e.g. read = personal & department  -  it means this user will see his own companies & companies of users of same department. If access is allowed user will see companies both in the list & will be able to open each company's details

the user should see only the list of companies)
this is not possible

See other companies (not his own) but do not see its contacts, stream and activities.
not supported. User can either see own companies (and all associated activities) or see own & department companies (and all associated activities).

Best,

Yana.
Hello Yana,
This thread answers a lot of questions that I have, but it looks like the User Interface has changed a lot since you wrote this. Could you update the answer based on today's (March 2017) user interface? I am primarily asking the same questions as the original poster. I want to simplify what my users see since some of them are not tech savvy and the "whole enchilada" would probably scare them into not using the tool.
Thank you,
Christina
#112/02/2014 02:10:23

Forgive these basic questions from a newbie:

1) Activities: Is it possible to hide the activities (quotes, invoices, leads) we will not use? - you cannot hide activities options tabs.
2) Selection Lists: Is it possible to delete or edit the names of selection lists (rather than the list options themselves)? For instance, I don't need to use the Statuses list but may like to re-purpose it for something else  - selection lists can be edited under CRM > Settings > Start point > Statuses & Dropdowns. For example, lead statuses.
3) Custom fields: I've successfully created custom fields, but is it possible to delete fields from the standard template? For instance, I would like to remove the date of birth field so it never shows as an option. - you can use "x" icon to hide default fields. After default fields are hidden & custom fields added, you can save form settings for all users. (right top corner menu of the CRM item form > save preferences for all users)
4) Filters: I created a filter in Contacts by mistake - how can I delete it? - please read more about new CRM filters here.

Best,

Yana.

Pages: 1
2,000,000+
organizations
are already using Bitrix24