Bitrix24 Community

Support » Forum » CRM » Duplicate Name in Contacts, Leads and Deals
Pages: 1
RSS
Duplicate Name in Contacts, Leads and Deals, How do you delete duplicates and execute conversion?
I know you can convert dead leads to contacts, but can you convert contacts to leads or deals?

And how do you delete duplications. For instance, somehow we have John Doe in contacts and John Doe in leads, but when we send emails out to our leads and contacts list, I don't want John Doe to be emailed twice.  
Hi Caitlin!

but can you convert contacts to leads or deals?

No, only leads can be converted. But there is "add deal" tab for contacts. The logic is leads become contacts, companies or deals in future, when contacts & companies stay as records on the base of which new deals can be added.

And how do you delete duplications. For instance, somehow we have John Doe in contacts and John Doe in leads, but when we send emails out to our leads and contacts list, I don't want John Doe to be emailed twice.

If the same email record already exists in the system, when you will try to add same email address record more - the system will warn you there is found 1 match for email address & propose you either to ignore & save or cancel.

Best,

Yana.
Hey Yana,

Okay, I understand that, but I guess my problem then becomes let's say I have a contact that I have to turn into a lead...so then I have to set it up again as a lead. Now I have that contact in two places: in contacts and leads.

Then I want to send out a promotional email to our entire CRM, including deals, contacts, and leads BUT I don't want anyone to receive duplicates, how do I accomplish that?
You can filter your leads by condition "converted=no" & send emails to the filtered non-converted records.

Best,

Yana.
hi
Hi I want to remove some duplicates that I have in my Bitrix under Leads can you please help me. Thanks
Hi Samuel!

Open Leads List, click Settings gear in the left top corner just above the lis, choose "Duplicate control". Important: this option is available for Bitrix24 Plus, Standard & Professional plans.

Best,

Yana.  
Pages: 1
2,000,000+
organizations
are already using Bitrix24