Bitrix24 Community

Support » Forum » CRM » CRM integration with external DBs
Pages: 1
RSS
CRM integration with external DBs
Hello, the CRM module would be perfect if it integrated dynamically with external sources of contacts, such as a MySQL table of customers or suppliers from a different application. This is particularly important because the current "import" feature seems useful just for the first time. After that moment, we will have new customers/suppliers/leads beeing added to our other management apps and we will need some kind of integration with the Bitrix24 CRM......
Edited: João Dias da Silva - 11/11/2012 20:47:08
Dear João Dias !
I'm completely agree. We have to extend or integration possibility.
We're planning to extend it in the future.
It's necessary, we'll discuss this feature.

Could you please answer which application do you use besides MySQL ?

Thank you!
Your opinion is very important for us!:)

Anna Y.
MySQL, SQL, Access, EasyDat aBase (GoDaddy)
Thank you!
we'll discuss a feature for easier data exchange with other services.

Best regards,
Anna
A temporary partial solution until some permanent solution to external data integration would be to allow the Import Excel, Import CSV and add data API to allow data to be updated - maybe this can be done, please let me know if it can.

It would be very simply for the Excel or CSV file or the form connected to the API to include the Lead Name or Company name in field / column 1, plus required data to be added / updated in subsequent fields.

Thanks Colin K
Hello, Colin!
A temporary partial solution until some permanent solution to external data integration would be to allow the Import Excel, Import CSV and add data API to allow data to be updated - maybe this can be done, please let me know if it can.
Sure, you can export and import data in CRM.
Add data to Contacts/Leads/Companies/Deal in csv file, or export in csv, exel or outlook. Export and import buttons you'll find in menu

Also, there is possibility with the API form connection.Find out more information here.

Best Regards,
Anna
Hi Anna

Thanks for your reply.

I note that it is not only Leads that can be imported though you may wish to edit / update your post at:
http://www.bitrix24.com/support/forum/forum3/topic349/
Where you say "The REST API can be used to import leads to CRM only"

However you miss my point.
As a temporary solution to not being able (currently) to connect to exteranal DB's I suggested the ability to UPDATE dat avia import.

UPDATE means to be able add data to or edit data in - an existing record.

I tried your solution to update 'testlead2' by including a Middle name and Mobile number.

I now have 2 records named testlead2 - not a good situation.

Back to my original suggestion.

It would be so so easy to amend the API and the Import procedure to allow update of existing data.

If the data being imported via the API or import CSV included an existing key field then the new data awould UPDATE the existing record, if the key field did not match an existing record then - add a new record.

Your example import file even has the key field ID included.

I think for many people the inability to link to external data is 'a deal breaker' - the ability to UPDATE data via API or import would be a big help as a short term solution and so easy to implement.

Can you make this happen?

I think Britix24 has so much potetial and I would intend to subscribe to a paid plan but until I know I can integrate with external data or at least UPDATE existing data via API and import I will be looking elsewhere.

Thanks Colin K
UPDATE dat avia import.

UPDATE means to be able add data to or edit data in - an existing record
I'm agree, this is a very useful tool, but it's not so easy to implement.
I hope we'll add it in next year.
At the moment i can suggest to modify contact's (lead's) information in Bitriix24, not in external bases.

Thank you for a feedback!
Anna
ISSUES:
  1. Unable to integrate email. Won't take my Gmail credentials;
INTEGRATIONS:
- How do I integrate LinkedIn and Twitter to monitor social aspects of company/employees interactions?

For example:
  1. LinkedIn -
  2.      Contacts database?
  3.      LinkedIn Feeds?
  4.      LinkedIn information on whatever contact or deal I'm working on - gives instant insight into clients and competition?
  5.      Nimble.com has a really nice feature on this sort of thing...
  6. Twitter -
  7.      Same thing...Import contacts, Feeds;
  8.      Snapshot of 'chatter' that's taking place on our company and employees;
  9.      See all conversations of employees and any mentions of us or any #hash tags we want to follow;
  10.      Twitter information on whatever contact or deal I'm working on - gives instant insight into clients and competition?
Hi Jason,

How do I integrate LinkedIn and Twitter to monitor social aspects of company/employees interactions?
Unfortunately such option is not available yet, thank you for the suggestion we will put it in our Development department.

ISSUES:

Unable to integrate email. Won't take my Gmail credentials;
Please advise what kind of error you receive - and check if the email integration fields are filled this way:

If you still have problem with email integration - screenshots of the form above will be very helpful.

Kind regards,

Yana.
So, Yana, I created an Excel file from Pitchbook. Then I created a CSV file from the Excel spreadsheet. The Bitrix platform doesn't accept the info.
Hi Peter!

Please check the encoding, if correct - please contact the Helpdesk with the file sample attached. Thank you.

Best,

Yana.
why the api rest not work?

https://my.bitrix24.com/rest/crm.contact.add.json?NAME=Putin&LAST_NAME=Vladimir&auth=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

return error code: {"error":"","error_description":"The first and last names are required.\u003Cbr \/\u003E"}
Can we add/update tasks from external application? When I tried to add task using the below API, it is throwing error.

https://my.bitrix24.com/rest/task.items.add.json?TITLE=createdviaREST&RESPONSIBLE_ID=1&auth=u6qwxehy
Hi Servando & Aswani!

Please contact our Helpdesk. Thank you.

Best,

Yana.
Pages: 1
2,000,000+
organizations
are already using Bitrix24