Bitrix24 Community

Support » Forum » CRM » Contacts Access based on Department
Pages: 1
RSS
Contacts Access based on Department, contacts access permission based on department
Dear Support,
fr om manage role page (access permission subpage), I saw there's an option for Contacts: Personal and department. This should means that only the users inside a specific department can see a set of contacts, right? The question is: when I add a new contact, wh ere can I specify in which department is related in?
Thank you,

Giacomo
Edited: Giacomo Grazioli - 03/03/2015 20:27:02
Hi Giacomo.

Yes, that's correct, there is no "specify department" option, but you can specify repsonsible persion instead - which means when new contact is added the access permissions are based on the creator relation to any department, in other words belongs to you & your department, but you can set other department's employee as responsible person.

Hope this helps.

Best,

Yana.
I'm sorry, but I don't understand.
I.E. If I have a "Finance" dapartment, that manges important contacts, I can't hide them for others department?
Thank you,

Giacomo
If all of your sales managers have restricted access to CRM as "personal & department" - they will see only contacts where responsible persons are colleagues of their own department. You need to set Finance department's employee as responsible for new contacts (added by hand in the new record form or imported in the import form) - in this case other sales managers won't have a relation to these contacts & won't be able to see them. Also the person who will add these new contacts shouldn't belong to any other sales department or should be stand alone employee (either be Finanace department employee, company director or the only user in his\her department).

You can test the scenario before to make sure it restricts the access the way you need to.

Best,

Yana.
I have seen other people ask similar questions, including the ability for an employee to sort contacts based on department.

In our case we have employees wokring on multiple client projects, but not all need to work on or have access to the same clients. If I correctly understand what you said, should Employee X be connected to Employee Y on Project B, Employee Y will still see everything from Project A since Employee X is part of Project A as well, even though Employee Y is not part of Project A. Is that right?

If this is the case it will become incredibly difficult to segment the contacts for each employee, especially if there's no way for them to sort on department or sub-department. I vote for a way to assign contacts to a department or sub-department without needing to assign it to an individual, add a way to sort by department, and only let people who's been granted access to a department or sub-department see the contacts in question.
Hi Chris!

CRM records are assigned to individual users, not user groups, but - the access can be granted to user groups - such as all department (&subdepartments) users. The individual responsibility type helps to build efficiency reports based on each particular user.

Best,

Yana.  
Pages: 1
2,000,000+
organizations
are already using Bitrix24