Bitrix24 Community

Support » Forum » CRM » Custom View Issues
Pages: 1
RSS
Custom View Issues, CRM Section - Company and Contact, Custom View in Edit Mode not showing for users.
I am an administrator for our account.        

What we experienced:
1. I created CRM --> Settings --> Custom Fields for Company and Contacts (Settings)  I created about 30 custom fields.
2. Then i went to CRM --> Companies --> Went into one record (Company)  Actions --> Edit
3. Once in Edit mode my custom fields were not visible so ... I went in to Form Settings and created a custom view.    This was great I go everything setup the way I wanted.  I would save my changes jump back to the edit form ... see how it looked... Jump back to Form Settings make some more adjustments.  Everything was just how I liked it.   (Except for Bug 1 below - could not get the tabs working so I gave up on that.  No Tabs)  See Issue 2.    Once done with my form settings I saved the changes.   Great!    So I sent an invite to one of my colleagues here at work.  A new user.  I went to show them this awesome new tool.   I told the new person to go add a new company.  When they did so they were not able to see my form settings that I made in my account.  Their new account was defaulting back to the default view.  We need each user to default to the custom view created by the administrator.    Why:  Because there are lots of fields we do not need and lots of custom fields we do need.     Is there a way to force users to use the custom view?   With about 30 custom fields it took about 20 minutes to set up the look and feel of the design.  We need a way to lock this in for our users.

Issues:
1. CRM --> Companies --> Went into one record (Company)  Actions --> Edit
CRM --> Contacts --> Went into one record (Contact)  Actions --> Edit
We need each user to default to the custom view created by the administrator.  Not the default view.   Thank you.  :)

2 Tabs do not appear to be working.  (I place a bunch of custom fields in a new tab and when I went back to the form there was no tabs.. Not sure how those  works  (Maybe this is still in development). Form Settings -->  I tried to add tabs   (Those do not appear to work  --- added some of my customer fields )  

3. Address Fields Example  (We need these in their own field  (When you go to do a mailing we need to provide a a proper database table for the mailing agency.  They do not want paragraph address blocks.    Plus we need to be able to filter by state, zip, city, country.

Hopefully this is valid feedback for your development team in Beta.   We can not commit to your solution until this issue is resolved.  This is a show stopper!   Wonderful solutions.  Looking forward to checking back shortly to see an update.  Cheers!
Hello David,
Thanks for the feedback. I'll answer to your issues in turn:
We need each user to default to the custom view created by the administrator.
We are aware of this feature need. We are working on it.
Tabs do not appear to be working.
I checked the issue. The current template of CRM entities editing form doesn't show tabs. I passed information to the development department.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
They do not want paragraph address blocks. Plus we need to be able to filter by state, zip, city, country.
I've also passed your request to the development department.

"We need each user to default to the custom view created by the administrator"

Hi , Is there any fix provided for the above issue mentioned ?

As a administrator i created a customized Lead Form but my employees are not able to view the customized form.
Edited: Giriraj AR - 04/04/2013 10:53:43
We are working on this. An option like this will be added in May or so.
Hi,

"We need each user to default to the custom view created by the administrator"

You said that this feature would be added about 4 months ago, in May, but I can't find the solution for this.
Can you give some lights?
Hi Admin,

is there any update to this question? My company also need the same thing. which we Admin has the pre defined form to all users.

Thanks
Hi Sónia and Jonathan,

Thank you for the suggestion. We have plans to add this feature, approximately second half of this year or a bit later.

Sincerey,

Yana.
Hi Yana

thanks for your precious response as usual but being able to save the custome view with a name and being used by other employee is really important i can not customize 10 pc one by one

we need to be able to save the custome view under a name like custom 1 custome 2 and then as the employee to call it in a list

this is a very easy development as I am sure when you save the custome view for one person they creae a file to do so this file needs to be usable with a name to other only

please ask them to do it URGENTLY
it is difficult to run it if everybody has different views

regards

Cyril
Hi Cyril,

we need to be able to save the custome view under a name like custom 1 custome 2 and then as the employee to call it in a list
Thanks for the suggestion.

please ask them to do it URGENTLY  
I'll do.

Kind Regards,

Yana.
Any update on this issue?

The Leads, Contacts, and Deals page need custom fields and views that can be globally administered.

Hi Jacob,

Unfortunately, no news on this issue.

Regards,

Yana.
Any update on this issue? This is really a key point, and i don't find a way to do it.
Hi Xavier,

We are working on this feature request and plan to add it, unfortunately I cannot advise when exactly.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Best regards,

Yana.

Yana Prokopets

Administrator

02/10/2014 18:26:10

Hi Cyril,

Unfortunately there is no possibility to apply this form settings for everyone. Actually, we haven't faced a lot of demand on this section before, with your example I think we will think about extended customisation posiibilities (categories or smthng similar).

Thank you for the suggestion.

Sincerely,

Yana.
Just started customizing bitrix24 for our application but this would be a very frustrating limitation. You mentioned there isn't high demand but most people will just move on with requesting a feature. From the responses in this thread there seems to be a pretty high demand.

Are there any updates as to when we will be able to standardize custom form views for all users?
Edited: Jeff Hurst - 05/13/2014 07:12:53
Hi Jeff,

Thanks for all the argumentation - we plan to include this option in our future updates, can't advise in which update exactly, but we're working on this. Thanks for all of your votes!

Sincerely,

Yana.
Yana

I too would like to see this feature implemented as soon as possible.  I spent a few hours last night customizing the view only to learn that my team couldn't see it and then searched the forum to find that the feature isn't available.

This is definitely a very important feature one that is offered by default on Zoho.  We switched from them hoping we could get the Intranet experience but keep the features we have come to depend on.

Please keep us all posted on when this will be available...hopefully soon!

~Sasha
Hi Bitrix

This is a very important feature I believe for most users.  Why ? The power of search (filter) is directly related to productivity, seeing only required per-defined information set by administrator this especially required when more then 10 additional fields was added in custom view = Contacts.  Example: In "Contacts Module" I would like a set view 1 for Contacts - Personal information  View 2 Business information re my Contacts.  Note: Currently I have to rest the Contacts View either manual or by the edit side window, this wast lots of time for the user.  In summery we require in a single Module " Contacts" the have multiple different set predefined Views. Please advice if you understand my problem.

Kind Regards
Dear Sasha and Wernher,

Thank you for taking time posting your argumentation for this feature implementation support - it has been passed to our dev team. I can say now that this functionality has been implemented for our new section - quotes, and we do plan to add it to other crm sections in our later releases.

Kind Regards,

Yana.
Hi Yana,

We also need this feature. I also spent the morning customizing the form layouts only to find it was only related to my views (admin) and not the users. It's quite tedious to have to duplicate the view setting across 8 other users.

Where can we track the implementation of new features? I'm also eagerly awaiting the ability to link custom fields across modules, eg when a lead is converted, pull the custom field info into the contact, company and deal custom fields automatically.

Thanks again for a great service, Bitrix is a great platform and can only get better from here.  
Thanks for your "vote" Mike, as I've said we have alrady implemented this in "quotes" section and as we stated in our lates blog post on Quotes  - "At this point, this new interface is available only in the quotes form, but we plan to utilize it in other CRM entities in upcoming versions."
I'm also eagerly awaiting the ability to link custom fields across modules, eg when a lead is converted, pull the custom field info into the contact, company and deal custom fields automatically.
Thanks for the suggestion - we'll take this one into account too.

Yana.

Add one more to this request - need those custom views and ability to default company wide
Thanks Timothy,

We plan to add the ability for the admin to edit  new CRM iteam creation form for all CRM users - so that will have same form to work with. Thanks for other suggestions too.

Yana.
Hi Yana Prokopets,

This is kalyan, in my office we are using Bitrix24. I made a changes in Deal format , i added a new fields according to my office needs by using custom field  option in  Bitrix and that fields are added and set the fields according to my need. I set the deal fields with help of form setting option and i saved it . changed deal forms is visible in custom view. My Question is changed custom view is not visible to all my users instead i need to go every ones laptop and making changes is there any option to set the changed Deal format as default view...Deals page need custom fields and views that can be globally administered.

Thanking You.
Hi Kalyan,

This is how it is now:
New custom fields that you've created in CRM>custom fields  & added to the creation form via from settings  will be available for all users (in the deal creation form), but other changes performed in form settings - like field name change - won't be. Also if you'll change the selection lists in CRM>selection lists - this will be true for all users as well. But deal list preview is individual for each user, meaning that if you'll need all users to see particular columns in the deal list - you'll need to design this individually. Hope this helps.

Yana.
So, you can add this in to the votes of "we need this feature"... although I would think that the 3,000+ views of just THIS thread would add credence to that idea... but if you need further convincing, allow me to apply some logic to the whole thing:

If I am an administrator of a company and I find it to be really important that I have the ability to add custom fields ( which I believe a number of your users do!) it would also stand to reason that those administrators would want to put those custom fields in a specific place company wide.  I didn't realized until I was WELL into the process that the changes I was making only applied to ME and that every other person in my company will have add fields that are completely disorganized.

I really really suggest this become a very high priority, because we are seriously contemplating moving on from Bitrix if this issue cannot be resolved by the time we launch later this year.    
Hi Noel,

Got it, thanks for the argumentation. We'll take it into account & will do our best.

Kind Reagrds,

Yana.
I just purchased the self hosted system a few days ago.  There are many things we like and are excited about your system!  I could post lots of suggestions and over time I will, but I agree with the 3000+ other viewers of this post.  I was shocked that custom views created by admins cannot be used by others.

There is no other way to say it - this needs to be #1 priority within CRM!  It looks like this already has been many months in waiting.

Thank you! :)
Dear Ann & Yana,

It is now 1 YEAR and 5 MONTHS that has passed since this issue has been raised and promised that this urgent functionality will be added by the Bitrix24 development team.

04/04/2013: "We are working on this. An option like this will be added in May or so."

Ever since, numerous requests by Bitrix24 clients was made followed by promises by Bitrix24 that did not realize.

Either tell the users that this option is not going to be available OR please keep to the promises that was made!

I am probably the biggest fan of Bitrix24 but this matter needs urgent attention.

Bitrix24 helps our organization to manage our projects, tasks and deals. This software should be used and applied to the Bitrix24 development team as well.

PLEASE HELP AS THIS MATTER IS URGENT FOR ALL YOUR USERS.

Kind regards.

Erick Liebenberg  
Hi,

If the development IS in progress, please advise users exactly when this upgrade will be available to enable them to plan accordingly.

Thanks.

Erick Liebenberg
Dear Erick,

We are sorry to have misinformed you & others on this issue. Please note that we have no intentions to promise anything which we are not going to implement we prefer better not to promise at all ;-) But in this particular case the situation is the following: our plans for the upcoming releases -  to add this option - "edit & save new CRM item creation form for all users", but option "save CRM items list view for all users" - won't be implemented yet. I cannot speculate on when the "custom form settings for all users" option will be implemented exactly, but we have done so in Quotes & plan to extend similar approach to other CRM items.

I am probably the biggest fan of Bitrix24 but this matter needs urgent attention.
We do appreciate this & will do our best.

Sincerely,

Yana.
Dear Bitrix team.

We were already getting ready to switch to your solution, as it seems as very polished solution for our needs.
But after realizing this issue, and seeing its not solved after more than year and half since first brought up just shows speed of development. We are definitely not risking our business with CRM that is so slow to develop, and I bet we are not the only one.

Kind regards,
Josip  
Hi all,

Sorry for the wait while we were adding this feature and thanks for your patience.
I can say for sure that we are already working on it, and it should be available in the next few weeks.
Attention Bitrix24 Team,  
                                      My Tabs issue has been resolved so I am editing my post. Everything is working great for me, thank you and your team.

Thanks,

Shane
Edited: Shane Porter - 10/02/2014 09:42:59
count me in, we also need the apply to all feature for custom views.
Thanks Raymond, we'll do.

Yana.
Hi Guys

Count me in too... Would love to know when this issue has been resolved, as we're seeing problems when importing our database. Any new custom fields we create (in particular, separate address lines and business classifications fields, do not seem to translate on the records).

Also, a copy and paste or template feature would be great when adding custom fields to Contact & Company forms. This would speed things up if we could copy from 'Company' and paste onto 'Contact' and vice versa.

Unfortunately, we can't commit to purchasing until these issues have been resolved. We can't afford to not show all of our contact database fields. It's a shame, but happy to wait a little until developers can fix things.

Matt
Hi Matt!

Thanks for all o your observations, we'll take them into account. Just a couple of notes to be clear:

Any new custom fields we create (in particular, separate address lines and business classifications fields, do not seem to translate on the records).

Have you created corresponding custom field sin Bitrix24 before? and matched them to the import file fileds after?

BTW new CRM item creation form view can be set for all users

Best,

Yana.
Hi Yana

Thanks for your reply.
Yes, I created the following fields which was the same as the fields in my .CSV:

• Address
  • Address 1
  • Address 2
  • Address 3
  • Address 4
  • Address 5
The company and contact information within Bitrix didn't seem to want to create the additional fields. I also tried creating 1x address field within the custom field to accept a 'multiple' address, so I could point all of the .CSV columns into the same 'multiple' address field within Bitrix, but that didn't work either.

The solution for me was to merge all of the address columns within my .CSV into one new 'address' column, which was a bit more work, but now looks OK within Bitrix.
Ok, it's difficult to say like what went wrong during import without moduling your scenario with your file - in case you've performed same steps as described here(maybe you haven't added the new created custom field to the new item form)

We've added Import\Export FAQ (guide) that may be helpful for others - see here.

I've added your vote for the extended Address lines fileds feature, thanks.

Best,

Yana.  
Hi Yana,
Is the update to show the custom view to all the users of deals ready?

Thanks for all your help!

Pablo
It depends on what view you are talking about - the new deal form ca be customized & saved for all users (click "add deal", customize the form, click "save preferencies for all users" in the form settings in the right top corner. The deal page lower part view - Activity Stream, History, etc. can be partially customized with the "form settings" - & save d for all users with "Replace preferences of all users with these settings" option .

Best,

Yana.
Hi,

What ever happened with this? Can custom view be saved and shared with other users yet?

I found this thread, started reading fr om the top, seeing that it started at the start of 2013, I was looking forward to reaching the comment wh ere it says that it is now implemented. However I got to the bottom and seems that there is still no way to save and share the custom view?

I have just signed up, and have been customising things over the last few days. I'm about to roll this out to the rest of the company tomorrow. So
if there is a way to do this it would be really great to find out.

Cheers,
Matt
Hi Matthew!

Welcome to Bitrix24!

CRM record individual form view can be customized & saved for all users, but records lists view though is customizable but cannot be configured for all users - ecah user should configure it individually.

Best,

Yana.
We are flabbergasted that the records list view cannot be shared with everyone in the company. Creating and customizing this views takes a long time and we need to know if this is in your short term product roadmap or if we should consider another CRM like Zoho.

This is an absolute requirement for us.

Please let us know
Hi Diego,

List view cannot be saved for other users at the moment. Unfortunately I cannot say if this option is to implemented or not this year. Please note that we are working on the CRM interface changes - you have probably noticed the main menu design change.

Best,

Yana.
Pages: 1
2,000,000+
organizations
are already using Bitrix24