Bitrix24 Community

Support » Forum » CRM » Custom List field defaults to "No"
Pages: 1
RSS
Custom List field defaults to "No"
I defined a custom list field and added a few options to the list field.
When the field value is not yet selected, the value is empty ("") but in the edit view, the select box shows "no".
This is rather confusing. How can I change this to an empty string or something like "(not selected)"?
Edited: B24_6561589 - 09/05/2016 15:26:15
Hi , this is happening to me to, do you have an answer to remove the no?
I now encountered an ever worse situation using a Yes/No dropdown.
I deliberately use a list instead of the standard Yes/No because it should be possible to leave the field unset.
Now the options shown are: no, Yes, No
Which is unusable for my client. Can this be fixed quickly please?!
Edited: Bo - 09/07/2016 16:23:58
Hi Boudewijn,

List may have a default value - please check list settings. Otherwise you can create simple string type field. "no" in this context means no value chosen.

Best,

Yana.
I am also having this issue

Is there any way to remove the "no" check no sure why this value is spawned.
Hi whenever we create a listing there will have this "no" value. Anyway to get rid of it?
Hi Raymond,

I don't see the way to get rid of no in that case. But there's some things which can help you.

First If you select required option for your custom list you won't be able to check no in that case.
Second thing you can do is set the option Use caption when value is empty to "-". I found that more informative then no, like value just not selected.

Regards.
Bitrix partner and certified developer - http://electroid-lab.ru/
Bitrix24 business processes setup and self-hosted version customization
Great news, thanks to a very helpful developer at Bitrix24, the issue has been fixed now.
Since today you can choose the default value for an empty select field.

See attached:
Any idea if the self hosted had been fix for this? Cheers!
From the base self-hosted is same as a cloud but you can customize that. But I don't see any reason for that in that case. Why don't you use the method above, just use the option Use caption when value is empty to and set that to "-" or "(select)" whatever you like. Plus you can mark that field as required and then user won't be able to save with the default value and he will need to select one of the list fields.
Bitrix partner and certified developer - http://electroid-lab.ru/
Bitrix24 business processes setup and self-hosted version customization
Pages: 1
2,000,000+
organizations
are already using Bitrix24