Bitrix24 Community

Support » Forum » CRM » Adding group option in left panel
Pages: 1
RSS
Adding group option in left panel, For my existing contacts i want to create a groups based on some criteria, is their any possibilities to customize and add it.?? Please any one help out..
For my existing contacts i want to create a groups based on some criteria, is their any possibilities to customize and add it.?? Please any one help out.. I gone through many R and D but couldn't able to find it out.
Hi Praveen,

Please explain more - do you need to group your CRM contacts or do you need to create a workgroup for your clients to join? Thanks

Best,

Yana.
Is the solution to create a new field and to search/to sort on the basis of that field (e.g Group A etc.)?

(editing fields is still down).
Editing fields is back up.
You can create custom fields & filter your records by this field's value after. (short overview of filters here).

Best,

Yana.
Hi Yana,

I want to group the contacts which are listed in contacts option based on certain criteria. (ex: If i have 10 contacts, among them 5 are with phone number and rest are blank. I want to create a group of those contacts who are having phone numbers.)

**Note: This is not a workgroup or filters.

Thanks
Praveen
Hi Guys,
I'm not able to invite the users in localhost.
As per now i have invited some of the users but they aren't receiving any kind of links to their respective mail-id's to get registered.

Is there  any other way to invite the users and make them to participate.
Hi Praveen!

I want to group the contacts which are listed in contacts option based on certain criteria. (ex: If i have 10 contacts, among them 5 are with phone number and rest are blank. I want to create a group of those contacts who are having phone numbers.)

That's not possible in the cloud version.

Is there  any other way to invite the users and make them to participate.
Please read about registration options here.

Best,

Yana.
Hi Praveen,

I'm not able to help on localhost but you can easily search your contacts and add the field "Has phone" by clicking on the "+" sign at the bottom right hand corner of the Contacts search box.

You then tick this box and then click search.

Please see attached.

Charles
2016-12-30 (1).png (207.62 Kb)
Yana Prokopets wrote:
Hi Praveen!

Best,

Yana.
Hi Yana,
  I'm having licensed self hosted version. So i want to create groups of CRM Contacts. Let me know is this possible.
Charles Hancock wrote:
Hi Praveen,

I'm not able to help on localhost but you can easily search your contacts and add the field "Has phone" by clicking on the "+" sign at the bottom right hand corner of the Contacts search box.

You then tick this box and then click search.

Please see attached.

Charles
Hi Charles,
I think you are speaking about filters. But i want to create group of existing CRM Contacts based on various criteria's.
Hi Praveen,

As I understand it, by applying the search criteria, you have created a group of existing CRM Contacts.

Re-look at my re-attached screenshot.

It shows to the right a number of tabs (private equity investors, quote micro-cap, Africa etc.), which gives a group as previously specified.

Apart from having to press "search" again, it is effectively the same as having a group.

Let me know if you were looking for/found something else.

Charles
2016-12-30 (1).png (207.62 Kb)
Hi Charles,

I will explain once again in more depth about my problem,

If suppose i'm having 20 saved CRM Contacts, among them i want to group CRM Contacts who are having their phone number. If i want to delete one contact of that group then that contact should not be get deleted from CRM Contacts permanently.
In filtering concept what actually happens is that, if i save the filtered contact with certain name so that i can get the results within a click on that in future, am i right, now if i want to delete the contact from group then it automatically gets deleted from CRM Contacts permanently if i use filter concept which is not my expectation.

Hi Praveen,

I wonder if the following might work:

1.  Create a custom field in Contacts.  Let's call it "Praveen's List".  Make it a "yes/no" field.

2.  In the Contact search page, edit the columns so that "Praveen's List" shows.

3.  Search for all your contacts with a telephone number.

4.  Select all.

5.  Press the edit button.

6.  Praveen's List will now show up on the page for each contact.  

7.  You can then mark the ones you want (or don't want) to keep in your list.

8.  For future searches, search on Praveen's List.

I know this works in Leads but I haven't tried it in Contacts.  It's a pity you can't add to the actions options (like the ability to set stages in Deal lists).

Let me know if it works.

I know that Bitrix24 has to improve its bulk edit capability.  This isn't bulk edit but it might suffice for your purposes.

Charles
Thank you Charles,

I think your suggestion is going to work with my problem.

But there is one more problem associated with your solution that i can't edit bulk of filtered contacts at a stretch.
If it so happens then your idea may work correctly with my problem.
Hi Praveen,

As I understand it, Bitrix24 doesn't do bulk edit.

If you've only got 20 or so, it shouldn't matter.  Just quick ticking.

I think Bitrix24 is looking at bulk edit but don't hold your breath.

All the best,

Charles
Hi Charles,

Thank you for your valuable and quick response. And if u get to know any updates regarding this concept let me also know.

Regards
Praveen
I've been playing round a bit with custom fields.  Two irritations I have found:

1.  Apart from the name, it's very difficult to edit a custom field.  You generally have to delete and start all over again.  Which can be a nightmare.  Which leads me on to the next point.

2.  In custom fields Lists, it appears you can multiple edit (in, say, Company view) with the drop down menu option but not the check box option.  Even worse, you cannot change the option so you have to decide which option at the beginning.  As you can probably guess, check boxes are just so much easier than drop down so this is a severe limitation.

It highlights the need for a bulk edit facility.

Any thoughts Yana?

Thanks

Charles
Pages: 1
2,000,000+
organizations
are already using Bitrix24