Bitrix24 Community

Support » Forum » CRM » I'd like some help understanding a few things in the CRM (New to Bitrix24)
Pages: 1
RSS
I'd like some help understanding a few things in the CRM (New to Bitrix24)
Hello Bitrix Community,

I am relatively new to using Bitrix, having dabbled with it a few times in the past, but never have I given it much serious thought until recently (and after becoming very familiar with the different CRM/ERP/Marketing Automation SaaS available on the market.) and now I am currently utilizing my time to get as much of the system setup for my company in the free version before we upgrade to one of the paid packages.

Unfortunately, despite my best efforts to utilize the knowledge base and the support page, there are some things that do not seem to be listed and/or I just cannot figure out.

I will list them here and try to be as thorough so as to receive the fullest answer as possible, most of these will be in-regards to the CRM

Contact or company details templates:

- This area within the settings of the CRM is absolutely confusing to me. Within it I have two "Templates" called Legal Person, and Natural Person, as well as the option to add a new template.

- What is this used for? How does this work with Leads, Contacts and Companies?

- What is the benefit of using it?

Currencies:

- When setting up the exchange rate, I should set them up in relation to the default currency, correct?

Example: USD is my default currency, but I also use Euro. So I'll google 1 euro to usd, and then enter the exchange rate in to the system.

If this is not the way to setup currencies, then what is the proper way?

Company Details:

- Is this option in the CRM settings to set up my own companies details in the CRM?

What is the Difference between setting an activity from the Activities area and setting it up from the CRM Stream?

- Is there a value of doing it one way instead of the other?

After taking a look at lists within Workgroups, I'd like to ask what exactly lists are meant to be used for?

Thank you for the help, I do highly appreciate it. I'm very excited to learn more about Bitrix and it's capabilities, but I just needed some help along the way.

Regards,

Dany.
Edited: Mohamed Elwardany - 01/12/2017 20:51:00 (I answered one of my own questions)
Hi Mohamed,

Welcome to Bitrix24! Please find the answers below:

Contact or company details templates:

- This area within the settings of the CRM is absolutely confusing to me. Within it I have two "Templates" called Legal Person, and Natural Person, as well as the option to add a new template.
Legal person means a legal entity - like LCC, C corporation, etc. Natural person - refers to a human being, a simple person.

CRM > Settings > Contact or Company details template allows you to edit forms that you will later see on contact or company page. For example, when you add new company - there is company details section where you can add information about legal entity the company represents - e.g. company name, VAT ID, address and banking details.

Company Details:

- Is this option in the CRM settings to set up my own companies details in the CRM?
Yes, if you have several companies, you can add them here.

What is the Difference between setting an activity from the Activities area and setting it up from the CRM Stream?

- Is there a value of doing it one way instead of the other?
No difference for same type of actions - like e.g. meetings, but from CRM record's page > Activity you can also add Events - activities happened in the past or information, or use "Visit" option.

After taking a look at lists within Workgroups, I'd like to ask what exactly lists are meant to be used for?
Please refer to this Training course and this FAQ article on lists in workgroups.

Best,

Yana.
Currencies:

- When setting up the exchange rate, I should set them up in relation to the default currency, correct?

Example: USD is my default currency, but I also use Euro. So I'll google 1 euro to usd, and then enter the exchange rate in to the system.

You should add new currency exchange rate in relation to the base currency.

Best,

Yana.
Thank you Yana :)
Pages: 1
2,000,000+
organizations
are already using Bitrix24