Bitrix24 Community

Support » Forum » CRM » How to change default currency?
Pages: 1
RSS
How to change default currency?, The invoice currency remains set to USD when I have set my reporting currency to (my new) GBP.
Hi

Just setting up the system for evaluation purposes and I can't see how to change the default currency in an invoice.

I've a product set at £100 but when I add it to the invoice, the invoice currency is USD.

Any thoughts gratefully received.

Thanks in advance

Graeme
Hi,

This issue is being addressed now. We will enable choice of default currency in the cloud product shortly.
Thanks for the response. Can you give me some expectation of the timing of this update eg is it a matter of days, weeks or months away?

Graeme
We should have options for the invoice currency in a month, maximum.
There is a new option now in the currency settings for specifying the default invoice currency.
Hi: I have another problem with currency: I use Euro, but when trying to use sales funnel it only shows dollars, so, prices are empty!
Any solution for this?
I use the free version.

Kind regards.
Hi Angelica,

Please click on "Edit List" icon & add new List Column "Amount, Euro" in the Sales Funnel Section.

Kind Regards,

Yana.
How can we change default currency to EUR instead of USD?
Hi Vassilis,

Please go to CRM>Settings>Currencies>EUR>Edit currency>in currency properties please tick (enable) "default invoicing currency".

Kind Regards,

Yana.

LS,

I can't seem to change the default currency into euro. What now?

Ingrid
Hi Ingrid,

To change the default currency please click settings icon next to the Euro line and click edit.

in the currency properties window - tick "default currency". Save.

Regards,

Yana.
Thanks Yana! Found it!
Hi,

I have followed this but our leads are still defaulting to USD. How do I get it to default to our currency (ZAR)?
Hi Mike,

If you question was about displaying the existing leads list in new default currency - this option is not supported, because all leads will be displayed with the amount & currency chosen during their (lead) creation. But new leads can be created with new currency - you need to choose it from the currencies list in the creation form.

I welcome your suggestion in this scenario - if you find it confusing or uncomfortable. Thanks

Yana.  
Hi Yana,

That I understand but I when I create a new lead, the drop down list defaults to USD. I have to manually change to ZAR.

What would work better is if you set your default currency to ZAR, that across the CRM (Leads, deal etc). When a new lead is created, it should default the currency in the list to ZAR, in our case.

Is this possible?
I've passed this info to our devs, thank you.

Yana.
Hi
I need a default currency in Indian rupees but should also be able to bill in other currencies like USD,CHF etc. I use the free edition. I do not find any currency option under CRM>setting. In fact my setting has only an email template option. How do I default to Indian rupee and also have the possibilit of billingin other currencies?
thanks for your help
Suresh
Hi Suresh,

It happens because you don't have access right to the CRM settings part  - only admins & users with option "user can edit settings" in CRM>Settings>access permissions can edit CRM settings part. Please log in under admin or ask your admin to help - he\she should edit your CRM role with the CRM settings access option switched on.

Yana.  
Hi,

We've 4 different currencies enabled in our CRM. We need the ability to generate invoice as per the customer geography. Currently, one of the currencies is setup as default and we're unable to select the currency at the time of creating the invoice. Invoice is getting created in the default currency that is set.

Please help.

Thanks,
Manav
Hi Manav,

Unfortunately, only one currency can be set as default, so if you need to create an invoice in another currency you need to change the default currency settings.

Yana.
How can I get invoicing to be done in different currencies? Currently any invoices raised for any deals irrespective of the currency of the deal can be raised only in the default invoicing currency (which is not an editable field). So for example if my deal is in Indian Rupees, I can only invoice in US Dollars since that is my default invoicing currency. I could set the invoicing currency to Indian Rupees but then for another deal which may be in Singapore Dollars, the invoicing comes up only in the default currency which I would have set to Indian rupees. In short the currency field in invoices is not editable and takes only one option (that of the default currency).

I understand the concept of default currency - it is usually an editable field in other software - just that the default value is what you specify as that may be the majority case so people need not edit it most times. This is how your other custom fields work as well if I define them as a list. Why not the invoice currency?

This would be unusable for us unless fixed. We are paid customers for your software :(
Dear Romil,

I understand your arguments, it will be surely taken into account by our dev team. Thanks for bringing this topic up.

Sincerely,

Yana.
Thanks Yana for your quick response.

Would you have any timeframes in mind for when this could come out? Otherwise the invoice feature in this is pretty much unusable in a multi currency based customer of yours.
Dear Romil,

I've just brought up this issue to the dev team, to be honest I guess not in this fall release, later in 2015.

Kind Regards,

Yana.
Thank you. I will look forward to this. Please do let me know when it does get released so that I can come back and check again.
Yes, sure.
It's been 2 years since Mike's issue (https://www.bitrix24.com/support/forum/messages/forum39/topic3019/message44991/#message44991). I'm having the same problem. Has it been solved?

Cheers
Hi David,

Not yet. Thanks for bringing the topic up.

Best,

Yana.
Hi Yana,

Relating to David & Mike's request, is the feature going to be added to Bitrix or not?

Thanks, Brgds Allan
Hi Yana,

I do understand that we need to go and always change currency in settings when creating the invoices 9and that is fine for us). But we have another problem: when I just did invoice in DKK (danish Krona) and want to go and change something in already created invoice in USD (e.g just fix title) the amount in invoice will be changed to DKK automatically, but as absolute number without even calculating exchange rate. E.g. I had invoice for 1000 USD as draft, then edited it's title and it appeared as 1000 DKK (exchange rates are set corretly in CRM).

Do you have any solution for that?

BR, Yaroslav
Hi Yaroslav,

Unfortunately the invoice amount won't be recalculated based on the exchange rate. Thanks for the feedback, we'll pass it to the dev team.

Best,

Yana.
Hi Yana,

The problem is not in recalculation of the currency in invoice, the problem is that currency is change (without even message), but amount remains the same.

Yaroslav
when I just did invoice in DKK (danish Krona) and want to go and change something in already created invoice in USD (e.g just fix title) the amount in invoice will be changed to DKK automatically,
I see. Unfortunately, at the moment the system works based on the set invoicing currency only. Thanks for sharing your scenario, we'll think about international sales improvements for Bitrix24.

Best,

Yana.
Can we remove the decima number in displaying?

At our country, we don't you , in curency

For example: 9,000.00 = 9,000
Yana Prokopets wrote:
when I just did invoice in DKK (danish Krona) and want to go and change something in already created invoice in USD (e.g just fix title) the amount in invoice will be changed to DKK automatically,
I see. Unfortunately, at the moment the system works based on the set invoicing currency only. Thanks for sharing your scenario, we'll think about international sales improvements for Bitrix24.

Best,

Yana.
Please help the above question.
Pages: 1
2,000,000+
organizations
are already using Bitrix24