Bitrix24 Community

Support » Forum » CRM » Email Template Does Not Merge Contact.Name
Pages: 1
RSS
Email Template Does Not Merge Contact.Name, Contact Name is not ins erted in to the template when sent...
Hi

When I send an email using a template to a list of filtered CRM>Contacts, the email has #contact.name# in the template.

When the email is sent it does not replace #contact.name# with the real name of the contact.

Help please...

Thanks

Jerry
Edited: Jerry Crick - 09/19/2013 00:25:34
Dear Jerry,

Thank you for contact us. Unfortunately this is our bug - our technical department is aware of it and currently working hard to fix it.

We have big B24 update this week, I can't be 100% sure that the issue will be fixed by then, but we have a ton of new cool features you are sure to enjoy.

Kind regards,

Yana.
Hi Yana

Thanks for the reply - OK, lets hope it is in the update.

Many thanks

Jerry
Yana

It is now two months since you said your technical team is working hard on this issue. I have just tried this again and it is still not working.

It seems to me that your technical team are not telling you the truth about how hard they are working on this issue.

Could you please let me know when it will be finally fixed - it can't be that difficult.

Thanks

Jerry
Hi Jerry,

The current issue with a contact name not being replaced is not a real bug. System can modify the name if only it sends an email individually to each contact. If you perform a mass mailing process then system sends the data to an external SMTP server that processes all the emails.

We work on resolving the issue with some type of external integration: MailChimp or others.
MailChimp integration is expected in our Marketplace later this month.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Kind Regards,

Yana.
hi yana

have you any news on this. currently evaluation different CRM's and mass mailing is key to us.
thanks
jp
Hi Jean-Paul,

MailChimp itegration tool is available in Bitrix24 Marketplace.

Kind Regards,

Yana.
Hello Yana,

is this feature still not working? I just tried, but placeholders do not get replaced by real names when sending an email via the CRM.

Nils
Hi Nils,

It currently works for the individual mails only, not in bulk.

Best,

Yana.
Well, if I address a single person I do not necessarily need placeholders. Much more important if I address multiple recipients. But I +1 this issue somewhere else on the forum already. This really spoils the CRM experience - especially since we're mainly working with the crm contacts.
Thanks for the feedback, I'll pass it to the devs.

Best,

Yana.
I raised this issue 3 years ago and you still have not fixed it !!!!

It is a real bug - what is the point of integrating with Mailchimp, its just more hassle and more expense. Bitrix should do this without any external support - it is not rocket science.

Jerry
Hi Yana,

The email template and auto- populate fields were working fine for sending emails to single recipients. However, since this morning it is not working.

Can you please check what is wrong?

Thanks, Evert
Hi Evert!

The email template and auto- populate fields were working fine for sending emails to single recipients. However, since this morning it is not working.
Please report this problem to our Helpdesk. Thank you.

Hi Jerry,

I see the post is quite old, and obviously the option will be very helpful. We still have this option in mind, but due to some technical reasons we won;t be able to present it in this fall release.

Best,

Yana.
OK, thank you
Pages: 1
2,000,000+
organizations
are already using Bitrix24