Bitrix24 Community

Support » Forum » CRM » Tax not being applied to invoices
Pages: 1
RSS
Tax not being applied to invoices
Hi all,

Here are the steps that I've taken.

1. Location Canada is used, checkbox "Default" is checked in order to make a this location a default
2. New tax is created (13%), named HST.
3. In TAX Rate configuration it is set to active, "Include tax in price is checked", in locations list "Canada" is highlighted.
4. On general settings on the tax page "Location-dependent tax (sales tax)" is selected.
5. Canadian Dollar is added as currency and is configured as a default invoicing currency

When I create new invoice I do the following:
1. In the Payer Section I choose the company and click on radio button that displays Canada location
2. I add a product fr om the list that has 500$ tag

Issues:
When I perform those steps:
a) When clicking on Canada in location list tax is not changing and is shown as 0.00$
b) When adding Product - no tax is added, tax still show: Tax: 0.00$

(!) On top of all that - when I try to save the invoice it gives an error that says "The field "Location" is required" - even though radio box is checked in front of "Canada" Location.

Please help. Love the program, about to recommend it to a client company, but not being able to create invoices is a showstopper.

Thanks a lot.
Elijah,
Edited: Ефим Пупко - 12/18/2013 01:56:17
Hi Elijah,

Thank you for reporting this bug, we're fixing it, please check tomorrow it should working without any problems.

Sincerely,

Yana.
Still not working.

Elijah,
Hi Elijah,

Here is what you can do:

1. When creating a new location (or editing the existing one) please set the city.  You can create several locations for 1 country with different cities and different tax rates. If you do not need several you can call the city with the name of the country (for example: country - Canada, city - Canada). Please note that this is a technical issue that the city name should be set in the location form. Unfortunately "no city name" option is not currently working, We apologize for the inconvinience.

2. Second, by also quite important detail is that you should use a search field "other: Manual Entry" when setting a location in the Invoice form. (see screenshot) These Location "buttons to choose from" option is temporary - we will take them off and leave only search "Type city or country" field asap.

After performing these 2 steps the invoicing will work correctly. Again thank you for reporting, we will take all these inconviniencies into account.

Kind Regards,

Yana.
Yana, thanks for your reply

It is a step in the right direction, but it is still not working propely.
Steps:
a) I create a new invoice and provide the location configured as you explained abive
b) I choose the product, and once I click on on it the tax surcharge appears. This is good news.
c) The bad news - even though it appears it is not calculated and not being added to the overall amount. Here is how it looks:

incl. HST (13%):57.52
Total before tax: 500.00

Total amount:500.00

Total amount should be: 557.52 - not 500.

Thank you.
Elijah.
Please check if the field "Include tax in price" is not selected - to do this please go to CRM>Settings>Taxes>Edit tax>Tax rates>Edit Tax rate. If yes, please uncheck it and save. After that go to the invoice and edit it (save again). The Total amount should be recalculated now.

Please advise if the solution helped.

Yana.
Seems to be working. I'll do a bit more thorough test tomorrow.
Just for me to understand - this is just a workaround? Logically the tax rate should be included in the price, isn't it?

Another quick question. You mentioned that this is the bug and it should be fixed - is there a way to be notified when it is fixed?
(I'm making a test deployment for a company and ideally I would like to present them a version that is fixed, but need to know when it is done...) Please advise.

Thanks for a very professional and timely response.
Elijah.
Logically the tax rate should be included in the price, isn't it?
There are 2 options available:

1. Tax is included in price. For example
1 apple cost 25$ (tax is inside)
10 apples - 250$ (tax is inside)
Amount of tax - 28,76$
Total amount  - 250$ (because tax was icluded in price from the begining)

2. tax is not included in price. For example:
1 apple cost 25$ (without tax)
10 apples - 250$ (without tax)
Amount of tax - 32,50$
Total amount 282.50$ (250+tax)
You mentioned that this is the bug and it should be fixed - is there a way to be notified when it is fixed?  
As for "search option" it is fixed already - now in the Location field you will not see only serch by city name field. As for "No city" option it is available for other CRM activities, but as for Invoice forms you will need to set a city-based location, as different locations within one country may have different tax rates.

Thanks to your report we've also found the line "Amount before taxes" in the "Include tax in price" option  was displayed incorrectly - it does not influence any calculations, and was not shown in the final invoice sample for the client, though may be confusing to you. It will be changed soon. As for now please do not pay attention to this line.  

Thank you!

Sincerely,

Yana.
ОК, Yana, thanks for the explanation. There is one more tiny bug though. When I click on the "Send e-Mail " in the invoices window in order to send it to client, the mail is sent twice even though I click only once.

I tried a number of time to make sure it is really the case.
Please let me know if this can be fixed.

Other than that, I think I'm in good shape and ready to offer this system to the client.
Thank you.
Elijah.
Edited: Ефим Пупко - 12/21/2013 19:20:58
When I click on the "Send e-Mail " in the invoices window in order to send it to client, the mail is sent twice even though I click only once.
We do not observe such problem on our PC, please contact our Help desk for further technical assistance.

Thank you,

Yana.
the line "Amount before taxes" in the "Include tax in price" option  was displayed incorrectly
Has been fixed.  
This is strange.. I am not being allowed to create an invoice at all. It keeps saying "The field "Location" is required." as an error. This is even though I have typed in a location. My screenshot is attached. What I find strange is that the Location field is not a selection check box like your screen shot above. Mine is a text box in which I have to make an entry, which I guess it is not recognising. Please help.
Dear Romil,

Please try to enter first 2-3 letter of the location you've set in the invoice settings - please type in the CITY name, not country, -  there should pop-up a location condition window to choose from. If this does not happen - please check the settings - go to CRM>Settings>Locations - please check if you have the location you're trying to apply listed here. (in case you are working with country based taxes not city based, please set city name same as country name).

Please advise if the above mentioned helped. thank you.

Yana.
Awesome.. this worked. Thanks.
You're welcome!
Pages: 1
2,000,000+
organizations
are already using Bitrix24