Bitrix24 Community

Support » Forum » CRM » Email Integration
Pages: 1
RSS
Email Integration, Uploading emails to Bitrix24
I have integrated email ok and set up a gmail account for the CRM so sent emails get tagged into the CRM and saved with the contact or deal - I have also seen replies come back ok although a couple definately got lost - they appear in gmail with the tag but not in the CRM.

How to I get emails uploaded to the contact or deal from outside the crm - for example if a contact / prospect sends a direct email to me and does not reply to a previous email?

Also emails not from the prospect but related to the deal - they do not contain the prospect email address - how can they be linked to the deal and prospect.?
Hi Richard,

How to I get emails uploaded to the contact or deal from outside the crm - for example if a contact / prospect sends a direct email to me and does not reply to a previous email?
You can forward (resend)  this email from your existing lead to your Bitrix24 CRM email adress. Please note that the email message body should contain your contacts email adress - same as you have set in this contact email field in CRM. (For example if you simply click resend the message field will already have this email adress in the field "from"). New email will appear in CRM My Activities and will be connected to the existing lead.
In case with new email adress - a new lead will be created.

Kind Regards,

Yana.
Hello,

I also have a question about email. I would have started a new post but I do not see a way to make a post - how is this done.

I am new to Bitrix and CRM and a little confused by the process of using a CRM with emails (the CRM email and the sales person's email). We are a small company with one sales person but I want all the email interactions to be in the CRM for transparency reasons and to monitor productivity of the salesperson.

If we have an email address like sales@mycompany.com for the CRM but our sales person(s) have their own emails like salesperson1@mycompany.com... how does this all work.

This may seem like a stupid question because I know this software works for large sales forces with many sales persons.

Thanks
John
Hi John,

Please read our blog post on Total amangement of email correspondence via Bitrix24 CRM.
Kind Regards,

Yana.
I have read this page before and I do not see where it answers my question. I see that any email send from the CRM will be in the cdm attached to an object as will any reply providing the messing id is in the message body.

What I am trying to grasp is sales people using their individual emails.

Scenario #1:
I am a sales person, I meet someone and hand them my business card. My email address is not that of the CRM. Correspondence starts but it is now outside the CRM.

Scenario #2:
I start a correspondence in the CRM, this lead turns into a deal. I meet with that person and they now have my card and they start to email me at my business email address which is not the same as the CRM;'s email address. Now my correspondences are outside the CRM.

How are these likely situations handled?

Thanks.
As a follow-up to my last post about email, I wanted to communicate our setup and what is happening. We have a sales@ email set for the CRM. In my personal Email Integration Option I setup my company email. When I look at the Email Integration setting i see "SUCCESS" and how long ago it was connected to. I also see a copy of an email sent to me at my company email address in the lead section. So I see it is checking that email and in some cases adding it as a lead.

I am just not sure when and under what circumstances this happens. It is obviously not adding all my emails as leads. The only reason I can guess the one I am seeing was added is because that person is in our company.

Can you explain this to me. If the document you referenced earlier explains it I don't understand it then.

Thanks.
Hi John,

Now my correspondences are outside the CRM.
For the scenarious you've explained - the emails sent to your personal email adress ( salesperson1@mycompany.com) can appear in your portal's CRM section in case if you resend these emails to the CRM's email adress (sales@mycompany.com ). Let me explain:

By setting up a mailbox for the CRM and then copying correspondence to that address, the system will recognize the email address of the person or company. Send&Save settings include the address for the CRM, as well as the keys for resolving the ID of individual objects. This means that even though a Deal does not have an email address, a message can be stored as an event concerning that Deal by including the Deal Number in the subject line of the email.

To make sure that messages are processed and stored properly, consider the following examples:
  1. If a user sends an email to the CRM’s address and puts the addresses of various CRM objects (Leads, Contacts, Companies) in the first line of the body of the message, the system will add the message to all objects which contain any of the addresses included in that first line.
  2. If a user sends a message to the CRM’s address and includes an expression that corresponds to the “Resolve Entity Using the Expression” listings in the Send&Save settings, such as LID#48, DID#88, etc., the message will be added to the object indicated by that expression.
We have a sales@ email set for the CRM
I also see a copy of an email sent to me at my company email address in the lead section. So I see it is checking that email and in some cases adding it as a lead.
The are 2 email integrations in Bitrix24: personal email integration ( salesperson1@mycompany.com) and CRM team email integration (sales@mycompany.com ). In the CRM email integration settings (CRM>Settings>Email Inegration) there is a field called "
Create lead for unknown sender" - it is enabled in you case, - this option does the following: when a new email comes to your sales@mycompamy.com (CRM mailbox adress) - the system checks if this email contains the existing leads\deals\contacts ID (code or email adress - as explained above) - if not - a new lead is created. (and yes, employees emails addresses are not considered as new leads). You can switch off this option if you want.
Please advise if the above mentioned answers your questions.
Kind Regards,
Yana.
Thank you for your answer. I did get it figured out this weekend after plating with it a seeing what it was doing.

It is a little confusing in that when you reply in the CRM by email, you always see the first correspondence, not a logical trail of inbound response and outbound response. There is a list of emails so with a little knowledge of the system you can figure out what has been said.

Thanks for your help.

One more thing - how do I post a question to the forum. I do not see anywhere to start a topic - just a button to reply to an existing thread.
Hi John,

how do I post a question to the forum. I do not see anywhere to start a topic
Please find it in the right top corner

Kind Regards,

Yana.
I use Google Apps for Business... do you offer a BCC email address that would automatically attach to the CRM profile activities list of the same email address?
Hi Mike!

We have  Send&Save email integrationoption for CRM - this may be the solution, or do you mean something different?

Yana.
I'm actually looking to attach an email to crm via external email by the way of a BCC email address.

Like this

http://support.karmacrm.com/hc/en-us/articles/202378115-Account-Settings-My-Email-Dropbox-
I see, thanks for the deatils. We don't support such scenario, but we have Send & Save option that allows you to attach emails to CRM items.

Kind Regards,

Yana.
Yana Prokopetswrote:
If a user sends a message to the CRM’s address and includes an expression that corresponds to the “Resolve Entity Using the Expression” listings in the Send&Save settings, such as LID#48, DID#88, etc., the message will be added to the object indicated by that expression.

Dear Yana,

I'm referring to your instruction above. I can’t quite get my head around this. Please consider the following assumptions:
  • Our company uses a single, common, CRM-integrated email address to communicate with our clients – say sales@mycompany.com
  • Emails from addresses not recognised as contacts trigger automatic creation of new leads
  • Employee Smith is responsible for new leads
  • Employee Jones is responsible for Contact ABC
  • Employee Jones is also responsible for Deal #123 with Contact ABC
Now consider the following scenarios:
    1. Smith sees a new lead created out of an email coming from an unknown address. However, Smith realizes that this address is actually ABC’s private email address, and the message actually concerns deal #123. He would then like to delete the new lead (as it is not really a lead) and find a way to attach the message received to deal #123 and see it reflected in the deal’s activity/history.

2. Jones sees another message coming from ABC’s work address, so it’s recognized by the system. However, although it actually concerns deal #123, there is no service code included in the body of the message, so it does not get attached to the deal and does not get reflected in the deal’s activity/history.
At first I thought that in both cases the two guys could simply forward the received messages to sales@mycompany.com with code [DID#123] in the subject line. However, the system would not allow it! The only workaround I could come up with was for them to forward the emails from within the CRM to their own addresses first (smith@mycompany.com and jones@mycompany.com) and then forward them again – outside the CRM – back to sales@mycompany.com with code [DID#123] in the subject line. This is quite cumbersome. Moreover, in such case Jones does not receive any notification (or any other hint from the system), so in case of Scenario 1 he is not even aware of the email received and he does not know that he should react to it.

Is there a better way to handle it?

Thanks in advance for your advice.
Edited: Admin Admin - 01/07/2015 17:46:31
Hi,

Please contact our Helpdesk with this sample - they will assist!

Best,

Yana.  
Hi,

I'm having trouble setting up the email integration. I am using the CRMsales@your_company.com, email (obviously specific for my company), but the server keeps telling me:

Cannot connect to "pop.gmail.com". Incorrect password. (-ERR [AUTH] Application-specific password required:

Is this because the email address I am using is not a gmail? Is there a different input that I should be using other than pop.gmail.com with port 995? My company email says that it uses pop.gmail and port 995.

Please let me know if you can help!  
Hi Karen,

There is no limitation to gmail accounts only, you should be able to connect any other email address as well - you need to check address & password details, that is the only reason. Anyway if this won't hep - try to contact our Helpdesk.

Best,

Yana.
Hello,

I have my company account (mailbox) attached to the Bitrix - I have set the folders according to instructions and it works fine. However, I have found out that not all the emails (especially sent emails) are connected to particular (individual) deal.
I can't track the source of the problem as I usually reply directly on the email received (which can be found in Bitrix in activity folder under particular deal).

This is quite unpleasant as I miss the history of the deal progress.

As far as I know there is no way how can I get missing email "connected" to the deal to have full history of email conversation.

I would appreciate any help as this makes the whole system unreliable (can't get real overview about all the progress of individual deals - especially if deal is lost I'd like to check if there was everything done in order to get it won)

brgds,
Ivan
Edited: Ivan Bosnovic - 02/23/2017 17:57:00
Hi Yana,

I checked the email integration, and found that: the service code for Filter incoming messages by subject (for advanced users) is not working well.

In case, the leads (ID is 4, example) and deals (ID is 2, example) with the same email address. If you don't use the service code (LID#4, example), the mail automatic added into all leads and deals.

In case, you use the code LID#4. If you only using the CRM email account (person or company) feature, the mail will add to leads with the number ID number 4 (perfect). If you add the mail into Email Integration feature, email will add into all leads and deals.

In case, you use the code DID#2. If you only using the CRM email account (person or company) feature, the mail will add to leads (ID 4) only and not appear in the deal (ID 2). If you add the mail into Email Integration feature, email will add into all leads and deals.

So please check this issue soon, I am checking this with the free plan.

Best Regards,
Phuong
Dear overload Bitrix24 team,

Do YOU see my post for along time? Can YOU check this issue and give me the reason why I can't using the filter incoming message by subject, please.

Post here and hope YOU don't forget my post.

Regards,
Phuong
I Don't understand the difference between the email integration icon and the crm email account (company email)  There is also the personal which I believe I have correct.    I have setup the first two and they both seem to work.  The company crm email created a lead from an email to info@mycompany.net    The personal email I haven't tried but seems like its hooked up.  What is the point of the email integration when the other one works fine as imap.   Tried to add an image to clarigy but didn't work. These icons are under crm- settings- email
There is also the contact email under my profile which I just used hotmail for.

Secondly,
I haven't been getting emails from the task reminders.  Which email would it be getting sent from.  I have setup tasks with reminders that come from a message and that remind by email for testing.  The message reminders work and show up under notifications.  The email reminders never show.  What email is the system sending from and to for task reminders.
Edited: kevin scott - 07/08/2017 21:02:11
Heres the image for the example above.  
bitrixemail.png (24.35 Kb)
No one takes care this forum for a long long LONG VERY LONG TIME.
Phuong Nguyen wrote:
Hi Yana,

I checked the email integration, and found that: the service code for Filter incoming messages by subject (for advanced users) is not working well.

In case, the leads (ID is 4, example) and deals (ID is 2, example) with the same email address. If you don't use the service code (LID#4, example), the mail automatic added into all leads and deals.

In case, you use the code LID#4. If you only using the CRM email account (person or company) feature, the mail will add to leads with the number ID number 4 (perfect). If you add the mail into Email Integration feature, email will add into all leads and deals.

In case, you use the code DID#2. If you only using the CRM email account (person or company) feature, the mail will add to leads (ID 4) only and not appear in the deal (ID 2). If you add the mail into Email Integration feature, email will add into all leads and deals.

Best Regards,
Phuong
One more case, receiving email from existed customer's email in CRM, and customer doesn't using "code service" so the mail only show in contract only. (This is normal logic).

Re-post and hope some one of YOU can see and solve this issue.  
Phuong Nguyen wrote:
Phuong Nguyen  wrote:
Hi Yana,

Best Regards,
Phuong
One more case, receiving email from existed customer's email in CRM, and customer doesn't using "code service" so the mail only show in contract only. (This is normal logic).

48 hours again. And no one answers my question. -_-
Phuong Nguyen wrote:
Phuong Nguyen  wrote:
Phuong Nguyen  wrote:
Hi Yana,

Best Regards,
Phuong

Hopeless -_-
Phuong Nguyen wrote:
Phuong Nguyen  wrote:
Phuong Nguyen  wrote:
Phuong Nguyen  wrote:
Hi Yana,

Best Regards,
Phuong

Hopeless -_-
Filter mail is not working. Deal ID 12, Deal ID 14, Deal ID 16 with same contact's email. Sending email with [DID#12] in subject, and it always add into deal id 14, don't know why.
And no update from Bitrix24 until now, no response, no answer...
No update until now ^_^
Pages: 1
2,000,000+
organizations
are already using Bitrix24