Bitrix24 Community

Support » Forum » CRM » CRM: adding custom fields
Pages: 1 2 Next
RSS
CRM: adding custom fields
In the forms for creating various CRM elements (leads, contacts, etc.), you see the standard fields which can be filled out or edited and contain the basic information concerning the element (1.png).

Since every company will need additional fields which are specific to its business, there is a simple system for adding custom fields.

Opening the Custom Fields page (CRM->Settings->Custom Fields), you are shown the various element for which new fields can be created (2.png).

The following data types are available for custom fields (3.png).

For example, I’ll add a custom field of the Bind to Information block elements type to a deal; this will let me link to a file in a specified Bitrix24 document library. Below, I’ve chosen Common documents (4.png).

Now when a deal is added or edited, a link directly to the contract can be given (5.png), and when viewing the deal, the link to the contract is visible.  The user’s access permissions to the document itself will determine whether the link can be followed and whether the file can be edited.
5.png (16.14 Kb)
1.png (15.79 Kb)
2.png (12.21 Kb)
3.png (8.74 Kb)
4.png (20.4 Kb)
Can you tag a contact or company with multiple tags ?

Does one need to create a new field for that & can a new filed as such be set up ?
Hello,

Actually, there is no tag functionality for the CRM entites and this is the first such request. It is possible to create a new field of the 'multiple' type and put in the words that you would use for tags - they can then be used in the CRM's search filter.  Note that there would not be a tag cloud or list, unfortunately.
Could you describe in details why you need tags and what tasks will be solved with their usage? Perhaps they could be included standard in a future version.
Contacts can be tagged as follows: Belong to the accounting industry, specializing in Audits for Non-Profits, Quickbooks Payroll Expert, Licensed CPA and is also a Family Friend etc..

At times I am looking for anyone in our list that is in the accounting industry only & at other times am looking for someone that has a CPA license ( some are only experienced but not licensed) and is a Quickbooks Payroll expert .

The sky is the limit. Tags also avoid the need to have multiple fields as some contacts will be tagged with 2 tags & others with 10 tags.

Also need to be able to quickly and easily sel ect the tags you are looking for using a sidebar etc..

In general many other CRM's or hosted databases have this feature.

The same would be for attaching a contact to multiple companies as some people work for more than one company or are associated with more than one company.

Using a notes field will not work as it will miss the consistent date entry needed as when using a tag list to select fr om.

Thanks!
Thanks for the detailed explanation. We'll investigate the issue and probably release a feature like this in the future.
How can i change the fields or characteristics for the product? example what if i have different products with different characteristics and i want to see their photos etc  
Edited: Christian Albrand - 01/05/2013 08:44:56
Hello, Mr. Albrand!

At the moment in Bitrix24 catalog there is no way to add a new custom field, but it's planned.
Nevertheless, you can devise your products to different sections.  Use "Section Management" to add new sections.

While creating/editing product select the section in the form.

Best Regards,
Anna
Hi,

Can you tell me when there will be a release with the new feature to add custom fields to Catalog in the Bitrix24 Service?

Thanks!
Hi,

Unfortunately we cannot specify certain terms of realizing this feature.

Best Regards,
Evgeniya
I am the administrator and have created a number of custom fields and tag name changes in Deals, so to reflect our business. However, for other users the refresh is only partial, i.e. thery don't see the "newly standardized" input fields, instead are offered a "hybrid" between the "default system" tags blended with some (only partial) changes I made. I naturally would like every non-admin user to get served the same input fields?
Hi Chris,

In case if your employees have made changes in their own forms before - they will not see a new field appear in their form (in this case they see it as "Custom View) They would have to go to "Default" form to see a new field (for that go to "CRM" - "Companies" -"Add" - "Default view")

You may find this topic discussion useful too (go to post number 10)

Kind regards,

Yana.
Any new information on adding custom fields to catalogs/products. We are looking for a way to link a document(drawing, PDF file) and 3 different cost fields to the individual product
Edited: Richard Brett - 07/15/2014 20:41:14
Hi Richard,

Can't advise when it will be implemented, but thanks for an argumentation what you need it for - it helps.

Yana.
Do you have a auto numbering field?
Hi Timothy,

For Invoice and quotes - in CRM>settings>other settings>invoices numbers (or quotes). As for other CRM items like e.g.  leads - they are numbered automatically within the system - you can see the number when you open the lead - e.g. (lead #2) and it is also shown in the link https://mycompany.bitrix24.com/crm/lead/show/2/

Yana.
Yana Prokopets wrote:
Hi Timothy,

For Invoice and quotes - in CRM>settings>other settings>invoices numbers (or quotes). As for other CRM items like e.g. leads - they are numbered automatically within the system - you can see the number when you open the lead - e.g. (lead # 2 ) and it is also shown in the link https://mycompany.bitrix24.com/crm/lead/show/ 2 /

Yana.
I am specifically looking for Deal Numbers - will I have to create a custom auto number field?
Timothy Thornton wrote:
Yana Prokopets wrote:
Hi Timothy,

For Invoice and quotes - in CRM>settings>other settings>invoices numbers (or quotes). As for other CRM items like e.g. leads - they are numbered automatically within the system - you can see the number when you open the lead - e.g. (lead # 2 ) and it is also shown in the link https://mycompany.bitrix24.com/crm/lead/show/ 2 /

Yana.
I am specifically looking for Deal Numbers - will I have to create a custom auto number field?
So, I created a custom field in Deals hoping I could get auto numbering. Is there no way to do this? I need the deals auto numbered, because a client will have many Deals that we need to track individually.
Timothy,

same as I've mentioned above -
As for other CRM items like e.g. leads - they are numbered automatically within the system - you can see the number when you open the lead - e.g. (lead #2) and it is also shown in the link https://mycompany.bitrix24.com/crm/lead/show/2/
is true for deals too. For your comfort you can add Deal ID to the deals list (CRM>Deals>edit List>List columns>Deal ID>Apply) - here you can see deals auto numbering (performed by system) and now you'll be able to filter them by ID too.

That's the only auto numbering available  - please advise if it works ok for your needs?
We really wish to be able to enter the starting number and put a prefix. We have been using a auto numbering system for years and your ID numbers throw us out of sequence. Are there any plans to offer a auto number field that can be customized?
To tell the truth that is (at least that was) not mcuh-demanded feature, but it is important that you've mantioned it here, maybe others will find it useful too. I will anyway include it to our requested features list, thank you.

Yana.
Hi, can i delete the fields "Industry:" "Employees:" "Annual revenue:" in "companies"
Hi Hristian,

You can take them off the company's form - open CRM>companies> click add (new) - in the right top corner open "from settings" - here you can choose fields you want to take off and shift them to the left column.

Yana.
Yana Prokopets wrote:
Hi Hristian,

You can take them off the company's form - open CRM>companies> click add (new) - in the right top corner open "from settings" - here you can choose fields you want to take off and shift them to the left column.

Yana.
Hi Yana i take them off from "form settingis" but when i open some "Company" they are there with mark [undefined],  
I observe the same, I guess this is our interface behaviour that we should change, thanks for reporting.

Yana.
Hello guys

Maybe you can help me. On the quote the fields for client name, client email, client tel number and client address is automatically filled when contact is selected. If I have a custom fiel in contact that I want to also automatically fill like the others mentioned is this possible.

In other words, in contact I have a custom field called magazine. If I create a duplicate of this field (magazine) in the quote and then select the contact I want this field to also automatically populate with what is typed in at the contact side.

Can this be done at all?

Thanks for any help
Hi Marius!

Unfortunately this scenario is not available, I've passed the suggestion to the devs.

Best,

Yana.
Are these searchable?  For instance I just created a test company with the custom field "tag" and as a string.  In that string I wrote carpet fitting

I want to be able to search for companies that have the tag "carpet fitting", but the search doesnt seem to allow that (I get no results when I use that search string)
Yes, the string type field is searchable - the system should propose the varients when you start typing in the tag, please check the spelling. (the search may not work if you use different language)

Best,

Yana.
Thanks but I just tried again - I used one string saying carpets and one saying carpet fitting - and when I search it doesn't give any suggestions and it doesn't find companies with those custom fields (I'm using English)
Please report this to our Helpdesk (with filter & search results screenshot if possible), because we do not observe this problem. Thank you!

Best,

Yana.
Sorry if I'm a little late with this request but is it possible to set the ID field to a set number to begin from as we are going to import contacts from our old Access database to Bitrix
and we had an Auto Number field for the ID. I noticed that some other people have the same problem as me from this forum, have you looked at implemented the solution you mentioned back in 2014?
Hello Bitrix team,
I am struggling with contact form: I want to have only one mandatory field Name, instead of First Name and Last Name.
As well I can't find how to adjust default address fields. Fields like region, state are irrelevant and I would like to remove them to make interface more user friendly.
How can I make those changes?
As well, is it possible to add new selection lists?
And then include them as fields for companies/contacts?
Hello All,

To Danny Bolger:
We are not going to make this possible. If you need to have some custom ID, you can use the custom fields tool for this.

To mantas ll:
1. it is impossible to make the last name field not mandatory.
2. the address fields cannot be removed.
3. instead of the selection lists you can create custom fields of the List type.
Hello Ann
Can you look into this for me please.
Since the update with the new address field, when you export to excel the address is placed in the same column in separate rows. The zip code is place after region and not right at the bottom. This means we cannot do mail merge from excel to word anymore. Myself and other have asked for a mail merge function in bitrix and this is still maybe in the pipeline. If these fields can be exported with their own columns like country, zip and so on it would be helpfull.

Thanks
Marius Nel
Hi Marius!

Thanks for the observation, the address filed has been devided to subfields - that's why they cannot be currently separated to different fields in Excel.

Could you please specify what Mail Merge functions & options you would like to see in Bitrix24 most? (just to avoid misundestanding) Thank you.

Best,

Yana.
Hi Yana
The mail merge functionality would be to print customer details to paper. We publish magazines which we post to our clients. Now I have 42 000 readers divided into 8 groups. I would like to filter them according to magazine which I can do at the moment, no problem there. Then I want to print the adress sheet that we place in the plastic envelopes. So I would need to for instance click on a mail merge tab, pick the fields I would like to use in the merge, Then click  print. This will then pull the fields into a group that can prints on the cover paper. It will have for instance the following on this address cover sheet.

Isuzu
Catherine George
PO Box 555
Sandton
Gauteng
South Africa

Government Digest
May Issue

If you have ever done a mail merge fr om Microsoft Excel into Microsoft Word, This would be exactly what it should be able to do. So I would like to print postage labels fr om Bitrix. Although it must be flexible enough if I want to print letters to these clients filling in their details automatically on each newsletter for instance with a choice of paper size, position wh ere the mail merged items must appear on the page and font size etc.

I hope i have explained this well enough.

On another point, if I select multiple contacts and send them a message,I add a email template wh ere I have the name field added in the heading ie. Hello  #CONTACT.NAME#. When I send this bulk mail, it does not fill in the First name on the email the client receives. They receive the mail with Hello  #CONTACT.NAME# instead of Hello John. The template works if I send to only one contact.

Thanks
Marius Nel
Dear Marius,

Thanks for the detailed explanation, I'll pass it to the devs.

When I send this bulk mail, it does not fill in the First name on the email the client receives. They receive the mail with Hello  #CONTACT.NAME# instead of Hello John.
These conditions do not work for mass mails currently.

Best,

Yana.  
We need searchable custom fields for products in the catalog. We want to have a field where we can list  multiple languages the product is available in.  
Hi Jonathan!

You can add new custom fields to the products catalog in CRM>Settings>Product properties and use filter in product catalog to search for the needed custom field value.

Best,

Yana.
Yana Prokopets wrote:
To tell the truth that is (at least that was) not mcuh-demanded feature, but it is important that you've mantioned it here, maybe others will find it useful too. I will anyway include it to our requested features list, thank you.

Yana.

We are also looking for a solution to this issue. We are trying to include a prefix and a starting number for auto-counting our deals as job numbers. Please let me know if there is any current solution for this available.
Hi Dustin!

Prefixes are available for the invoices & quotes only (at the moment), not sure if we may add this option for deals too in the upcoming releases.

Best,

Yana.
Thank you so much for your response Yana. Is there a way to create an automatically counting number as a custom field for deals? If not that, can I set up duplicate prevention in a manually entered custom string field?
Hi Dustin,

I understand what you mean but I'm afraid you can't do it this way at the moment.

Best,

Yana.
Has a "Tag Like" feature since been added? My company would like to use this field to label what jobs were done with a client, i.e.; windows, gutters, air ducts ect. We would like to be able to list multiple jobs with some clients; John Dear; windows, gutters. Then in the search bar be able to search "windows" and render a list of all clients who have the field "windows". Does this make sense? Is there a way to do this?
Not sure I got it right - will this scenario help - you can add custom field e.g. "tag" of string or list type, and filter your CRM records list by this list value. In case it will be list type of filed you will be able to filter the list by sveral value at the same time.

Alternatively you can use tasks with checklists or tags (tasks can be bound to CRM records). Tasks can be filtered by tags in Tasks>All> filter>extended filter.

Best,

Yana.
Hi guys,

Just wondering if there's a way to add a Custom List in Fields. This way the options listed in a drop down menu are ones written by Admins. For Example we would like to Add a List Field in our Contacts that says: Client Qualifies for Program - (Drop Down Options) Program A, Program B, Program C, or Program AB & C.

Is something that's possible?

Thank you in Advance!
Hi Dan!

Cusrom fields of list type can be added in CRM > Settings > Custom fields > add field > type = list.(see this FAQ)

Best,

Yana.  
How do I add a search field so that I can search for customers with an interest in only one product?

I have added products to the product list?
Hi Alec!

You have possible products option at the end of lead form - click sel ect product to add products fr om the list

When you need to filter (search) leads by definite product - open filter above the leads list:

add filed = product to the filter:

Best,

Yana.
Pages: 1 2 Next
2,000,000+
organizations
are already using Bitrix24