Bitrix24 Community

Support » Forum » CRM » Mail Merge
Pages: 1
RSS
Mail Merge, Mass Mail Merge for Leads
I want to sent a standard letter template to a selection of Leads but cannot find the following:

How to select a section of leads

How to send the contact and address information to a sales letter in order to print and post

It would appear I have to export the data as csv?

Surely this is sort of needed?
Hi Richard,

How to sel ect a section of leads

You can apply a particular filter to the list of leads, then tick the ones you want to send the email to (or click "select all" to choose all leads corresponding the filter condition). At the bottom of the leads list please choose "send message" fr om the "actions" Menu. Click "Apply". There will appear the email template.
How to send the contact and address information to a sales letter in order to print and post
Not sure I understand you correctly, if you need to attach any info to your CRM emial (Sales letter) - you can attach it as a file

Please advise if the solution is helpful.

It would appear I have to export the data as csv?
You can export either in CSV or in Excel. As far as import in Bitrix24 is done via CSV file format - it may be useful for our users to export CRM items in CSV - to get the sample of import file (for example when dealing with custom fields).

Kind Regards,

Yana.
Hi Yana

All understood. But I DONT want to send an email - I want to send a printed letter through the post with full postal address
and onto company letterhead paper.

Send message only seems to send an email - I want to print it and post it.

This is very important requriement for CRM - I need to market to LEADS with real letters through the post and know who I sent which letter to and when.

How do I achieve a printed letter without exporting data please?

many thanks

Richard
I want to send a printed letter through the post with full postal address
and onto company letterhead paper.
Unfortunately this cannot be done through standard CRM actions, but you can try Free Doc Designer App (Marketplace). There you can create a template, apply it to one of CRM items and download it as PDF.

Please find more info on DocDesigner in this forum discussion.
Kind Regards,

Yana.
This is a bit of a problem - Doc designer is over complicated for a simple sales letter. It has no information on how to make it work.

Even the most basic CRM systems allow for a sales letter to be created from the contact/lead record straight to a word or text doc with the full postal address and contact details on the letter.

Mail merge is also pretty standard on all CRMs to allow mailshots and offers to be sent out to a range of leads/contacts by selecting a range of contacts. Industry type etc.

Email is not the answer to all communications - when will we see letters as standard on Bitrix24 please?
Hi Richard,

Mail merge is also pretty standard on all CRMs to allow mailshots and offers to be sent out to a range of leads/contacts by selecting a range of contacts. Industry type etc.
Thanks for pointing out the issue, we will have a look at this section and think about it. Unfortunately can't advise the deadlines, but we'll study the subject.

Kind Regards,

Yana.
Also Yana

Docdesigner can only work with one lead at a time - I might as well type the letter out by the time I have tried to find all the leads I want to send the letter to and made an individual pdf for each one.

Docdesigner templates should be available from the main send message in relevant section and not in a separate area - at least that way you can sort and select a range of leads - .

Can we get mail merge into the CRM any time soon please?
Richard,

Unfortunately, the option with Doc Designer that you are talking about is not available. As for CRM mail merge functional (print or export option) - as I've said, we'll study the demand and think about it, but we don't plan to add it in the upcoming releases.

Kind Regards,

Yana.
What about business process?

Could this produce a printable document with a mail merge ability?

Really whats needed is an extension of the email mailmerge to allow for printing to a letterhead or blank paper - or produce pdf.

I know that most CRM systems will have mail merge or write letter to contact - emails are not the only answer.

Thanks for your help anyway
What about business process?
This cannot be done through Business Process.

Because we do not plan to add this feature anytime soon we advise that you can contact one of our certified partners who can help to create a special customized solution for your business.

I know that most CRM systems will have mail merge or write letter to contact
Can you please advise the sample crm solution that does that - so that we can study. Thank you.

Regards,

Yana.
I used ACT! by sage for many years and here is the video demo

http://youtu.be/wX2AbvY5R3M

Letter mail merge also available as an add in to ZOHO

http://www.zoho.com/crm/office-plug-in.html
If I export the leads and do the mail merge from Excell to Word I have the problem of then tagging the leads that I have sent letters to back in Bitrix24.

Event - letter sent perhaps

this is needed so as to know when to follow up on the letter sent date.

Selecting leads and contacts by postcode, city, town, and industry type is also standard in ACT! allowing a selection list of the main contacts to be sent letters dependent on address and other selection criteria.
Hi Richard,

Selecting leads and contacts by postcode, city, town, and industry type
Unfortunately I cannot propose you a solution that will completely answer your task. Here are some way-round scenarios that may help:

The "event" action cannot be applied to the group of contacts or leads.
Here is what you can do:
1. First scenario for leads:
- change the status of the group of leads for "letter sent" (or whatever name you need)

- add new status in CRM>Settings>Selection lists>Statuses
- in Leads section - add filter field "address" or "industry type", filter you leads with the needed condition
- change the status to the filtered group of leads
Please note that you can always see the date the letter has been sent in the lead's history.

2. Here is another solution suitable for leads:
- create a new custom field - string or date type (multiple)
-  edit this field for the group of filtered leads with the dates (date type) or date and name (string type) letter's info.

Unfortunately both solutions are not available in contacts section now.

3. For contacts:
I can only propose to set a new task to the group of selected contacts and add a special tag to this task (letter for example) - so that you can easily access the tasks. In fact this task will function as a list of contacts to whom you've sent these letters. Again you will be able to access this information in contact's history.

Selecting leads and contacts by postcode, city, town, and industry type is also standard in ACT! allowing a selection list of the main contacts to be sent letters dependent on address and other selection criteria.
I've passed the suggestion to the development department. It would be also very helpful, if you provided some examples of the solutions you refered to (which allow the manipulations you've described above). Thank you.

Kind Regards,

Yana.
We have the same problem, we also want to be able to create a letter from a contact or lead. Can you tell me when this will be added?
Dear Ronald,

To tell the truth, we do not have a real demand on this feature, thought we are open to consider this request. Meanwhile, if this is something your business really needs  and if you are interested in our product- we can propose you to try our self-hosted version, which does not have this feature in the standard set, but you can contact our partners to see if they can design this feature for you.

Thank you.

Kind Regards,

Yana.
Hi,

I'm sure there is demand for these functions. The Doc Designer is a little convoluted and unfriendly to use, and as mentioned above can only do one letter at a time, not proper mail-merge. The lack of this function probably makes Bitrix24 unusable for us.

Regards - Roland
The same here: The lack of this function will probably lead to choosing another product.
Ronald H. & Ronald S.,

Thank you for pointing out the feature's importance, we'll think about it's implementation.

Sincerely,

Yana.
Here is another vote on the implementation on this feature. Just been testing bitrix for the last couple of hours but without this feature our company won't be able to use it.  
Throw my hat in the ring too. Would be a good function to have and I would use it too. Ta.
Hi Peter and Giuseppe!

Just to avoid misunderatnding - can you please give more details which feature exactly do you vote for, as the topic covers several. Thank you so much.

Best,

Yana.
+1 for the mailmerge option from me too.

I have spent the best part of 2 days trying to hack something together without much luck.

As a partner I'm interested to see if anyone would like this built as a paid service? Please complete my survey here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/KZQJZSP
Hello Yana
I will also vote for the ability to use the mail merge function from contacts to have a letter with the contact name and postal address on it for print. Another crm that we are in the process of dropping for Bitrix that has this function is Goldmine. You can merge the elements from the contact to a letter and then print out these letters for the client.

This is a really powerful option to have.

Thanks
Marius Nel
Hi Paul & Marius,

Thanks, I've added your votes for this option.

Best,

Yana.
Yes - I need this feature too as moved over from ACT and this is the main feature.  I need to be able to create PDF documents from a word based mailmerge... any update on whether this is something that you intend to introduce?
Hi Yvonne!

Thanks for your vote! Our next release will take place this fall, I'll be able share our plans later this summer.

Best,

Yana.
I also would like to see a full featured mail merge system implemented. that can do both emails and physical print outs for mailed letters as well.  
Hi Bob!

Thanks for your vote!

Best,

Yana.
Same here. I am also looking for a CRM that allows to send printed letters straight out of the CRM. Without that bit of functionality, I am unlikely to use Bitrix24 for our Start-Up.
Hi B24_3143187!

Thanks for sharing, I'll add your vote for this option.

Best,

Yana.
Has anyone found a simple inexpensive CRM that DOES enable us to generate a letter? Like many other users that is essential for us! Not every business is solely "online". Again, trying to replace ACT without blowing the bank!
Hi there,

We are an IT Consultancy that work with many CRM's we are also working on a new app that might help those that need the post function.

Please email us on info@goldstarit.com if you'd like more infromation.

Thanks

Goldstar IT Consultancy
+1 for mail merge feature!

Thanks,

Xavier
Thanks Xavier!

Yana.
Yana Prokopets wrote:
Hi Paul & Marius,

Thanks, I've added your votes for this option.

Best,

Yana.
Dear Yana - this is a feature that my company needs too. Without mail merge Bitrix is useless to us.

Best Regards,

Mark
Hi Mark!

Thanks for your vote!

Best,

Yana.
Any solutions so far? If not, +1 for mail merge feature!

Best,
Nils
Hi Nils,

No news yet, thanks for the vote!

Best,

Yana.
This thread is over 2 years old. It is the first thread I read on here, because just having created an account at bitrix24 for my company and having imported a bunch of leads I wanted to get started contacting them by online mail merge (not sure yet whether that is possible) and certainly physical printed mail merge (best with MS Office Word). I can't believe that this feature is missing and that Bitrix has obviously consistently refused to implement such an obviously needed feature.

If mail-merge is not part of a CRM how do you expect people to contact a mass target clientel? mail merge off- and online seems such an obvious task. why is it missing from bitrix - still after 2 years' worth of people asking for it? And I was so happy to have found bitrix, now it looks like it will not be for us after all.
Hi Urs!

You can email your clients in bulk but Bitrix24 does not provide an option for physical mailing - like printing address details, etc., yet. Thanks for your vote on this option.

Best,

Yana.
I spent hours last month getting set up in Bitrix24 and was excited to use if for my business -- until I found out about this crucial, missing functionality.  Like other people, I just assumed that mail merge and printing would be part of any CRM.  You know, the way they have been for decades...

I'm sorry but this is a deal-breaker for me.
Hi Walter,

Thanks for the vote & feedback.

Best,

Yana.
I am also looking for mail merge option. I haven't started to use bitrix yet but I am playing around with it to see if it can meet my needs, and it was looking good until now!

Even if there is no mail merge option I hoped I could export contacts to excel but the address ends up on 1 long line and is of no use to print onto an address label.
Thanks for the feedback. We don't have short-term plans for the Mail Merge option, but thanks for the vote.

Best,

Yana.
Pages: 1
2,000,000+
organizations
are already using Bitrix24