Bitrix24 Community

Support » Forum » CRM » Taxing only some items
Pages: 1
RSS
Taxing only some items
Hi there...here in California only some items are taxed...physical goods are subject to sales tax, but things like teaching classes are not.  How can I set up the taxing system to tax some products, and others not?

If I use location-based taxing, then there is no option to "include tax" or "do not include tax"...it either taxes everything or nothing, based on the location.

If I set up to use item based taxing (VAT) it only allows me the option to set the END price.  When travelling in Europe for example this is how it works, you just pay the price posted and the tax is already built in.  But here in the US, the way the pricing works is:  price + tax added on later.  How can I do this for some products but not for others?
Hi Nick,

you just pay the price posted and the tax is already built in.  But here in the US, the way the pricing works is:  price + tax added on later.

First of all,  for "location" type taxes there is an option for taxes "include tax in price" - that can be switched on\off. You can find this option in CRM>Settings>Taxes>Edit tax>Tax Rates>Edit tax rate> include tax in price. If you will switch off this option - the tax will be "added later".

only some items are taxed...physical goods are subject to sales tax, but things like teaching classes are not.  How can I set up the taxing system to tax some products, and others not?
Actually you can use same location based type of tax -  create several "locations" - which not necessarily need to be locations, but can be set as  "USA - California" city  -  "vegetables", another location city will be "study service" or "no tax location" etc.

It may be comfortable if  you call location cities as numbers of the tax rates (please set numbers as words, not 0 - but zero).  For example location "USA-California- eleven" , etc. Then create new taxes and bind them with the locations. For example you can bind "no tax location" with 0% rate tax. As you may see the location based tax system is quite flexible - so you may use it the way you need.

Please find more info on Invoices in Bitrix24 Trainig Course.

Please advise if the solution helped.

Kind Regards,

Yana.
Pages: 1
2,000,000+
organizations
are already using Bitrix24