Bitrix24 Community

Support » Forum » CRM » Bill on completed task
Pages: 1
RSS
Bill on completed task, Would like to be able to invoice clients on completed task, not hours
Our business model does not use hours, but we charge a fixed-fee to complete a task.  Each task is a fixed period of time, normally one day.  We want to create the list of tasks in the project (group), and then let our staff members mark it as "complete" when they are done.  Then each month we want to run a report of who completed which tasks for each client.  We'll then bill off of that.

We've been piloting Bitrix with the idea that we would move everyone over from our old system (which does this).  We love to product, but this one feature is important to us.  Any ideas if / how to make it work?  Jeff
Hi Jeff,

Thank you for the positive feedback on Bitrix24!

Actually, you can create special reports in Workgroup>Tasks>Reports section. Please note that you can either add new report or edit the existing report templates. In the Task Report Wizard you can set the conditions you need.

Kind Regards,

Yana.
Yana, that's great news!  Can you give me a tiny bit more guidance on how to do this?

I want to have a set of "products" (these are events like classes or workshops) that I can assign to a person to complete, and then I want to bill our clients every month on the completed products.  This is the feature we have been searching for and if we can make it work, we will move the company over to Bitrix.

A short bulleted list of steps to create these products and assign them, then report on them, would be great.

Thanks,  Jeff
Jeff,

For your case - what about CRM section of Bitrix24? You can set your products there (catalog), in leads or contacts sections - you can set your clients, after that you can assign responsible for the product sale to a particular client via Deals section. Moreover, CRM section also has Reports (for example Deals by Sales Representatives - you can filter by the time period you need (for example this month), see number  of deals won and lost, amounts) These Reports can also be modified.

What do you think about this scenario?

Kind Regards,

Yana.
Yana,  that's sounds VERY promising.  Great suggestion.

I will set this up and experiment with it this week.  Thanks!

Jeff
OK, I'm making some progress.  Added a bunch of catalog items and these are useful for costing out a project.  What I can't figure out is, how to I assign a Product to an individual person, kind of like a task?  I like the task module - it will let me assign a task to a consultant and they can mark it complete, so we can bill for it.  But if I do it that way I have to 1) create the products and pricing for the deal, and then 2) create a task that is named exactly the same thing so I can assign it to the consultant.

Is there no way to tie the products to tasks so that when they complete them, I know how much needs to be billed?  Or is there a way to assign a product completion to a person, so they can mark it as complete?
Hi Jeff,

You cannot assign responsible to the product itself, but you can work with Deals: for example you've created a catalog with the list of products and after you go to the Deals section and create new deal (probable) - there you can add products fr om the catalog, set deal probability, change its status, bind the deals with your contacts or companies, set income, add comments, etc.

As for the Tasks section - it can be bound with such CRM items as leads, contacts, companies or deals, not the product catalog.  But (!) - you can set tasks inside a particular deal - for example your sales person has several deals wh ere he is a responsible, and you need to give him a specific task(s) within one of his deals, you open the deal and set the task. This section can also be used by the salesperson himself - he can set himself tasks, plan and make calls,  send emails, etc.

I think the CRM section will suite your goals the most. Please find more info onCRM in this Training Course.

Kind Regards,

Yana.
Yana,

Thanks for all of the suggestions, I'm making good progress getting it all set up.  We're almost ready to start moving people over (and upgrading to the Pro version).

I'm struggling with creating a report for completed tasks each month so we can bill against it.  

I can't figure out why the report writer won't show me all of the fields I need.  The canned "Involvement with Project" report is close, but I need the task completed date.  For some reason it doesn't show me that field as an option.  What am I missing?  

Thanks, Jeff
Hi Jeff,

I'm making good progress getting it all set up.  We're almost ready to start moving people over
Happy to hear that!
The canned "Involvement with Project" report is close, but I need the task completed date.  For some reason it doesn't show me that field as an option.  What am I missing?  
Let me propose you the following kind of report:

To build this report please follow these steps:

1. Open "Involvment with Project" report form (click edit)

2. Here is the example of the report form I can propose to you (remember you can always change it)

3. Let's have a look at the report builder: (more info on Report Wizard here)

The Add button adds a new column to the report. (screenshot 1) You can move the lines with the help of up and down tabs (2). The Calculate column option (3) lets you show a value in the report that is calculated using other values. This could be a sum or a count of unique values in the column. Do not tick the square tabs (calculate tabs) if you need the names and dates to be displayed as they are, but not summed up or counted.

Delete all the unnecessary columns titles from the columns section & arrange them the way it is arranged at the screenshot: completed by (the tasks was completed by), name (the task name), project: name (the name of the workgroup the task was set), time spent (if you use time tracking feature in tasks - if not you can delete it if you want), completed on (date the task was competed).

Please note that I've deleted responsible person from the report - as the task may be closed by other participant and as I understood you're billing your employees on the basis of who has completed the task. You may change this if you need.

4. In the sort by column field set Completed by: Last name (4).
5. In the Filter section you can add "completed by:Last name" filter - so that you can filter your report by the name of one employee after; and "status equal to completed" - so that you may filter the list of all tasks and leave only completed ones.
6. Save.

In case you need the date when the task was created (to calculate how many days it took) - you can insert a line "created on" or "start date"  before "completed on" in the columns section.

BTW you can export the report to Excel file if you need.

This is only a suggestion, remember you can always ajust the report form the way you need.

Please advise if the solution helped.

Kind Regards,

Yana.
Yana,  thank you for your detailed answer and your responsiveness.   Yes, this is the kind of report I need.

The problem is, when I click on "add" I only get a limited set of fields, and the "Completed Date" field is not available to me.  I can't see how I can add this to the report. The report I have created includes:

Project Name
Responsible Person
Name of Task
Status
Description

I want to add "completion date" as in your example, but when I click on "add" I only get:

ID
Name
Description
Priority
Status (old version)
Status
In status
In report

I expected to see the 3 date fields (started, due, completed) but they are not present for me to select.  I've looked on other reports and those fields are there.  Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Jeff
Hi Jeff,

Do you mean that you don't have a scroll down option in this particular report?

If not, please advise - are you working on the base of "Involvement in projects" report? Please provide a screenshot of the report edit form filled.

Thank you!

Yana.
Yana,

Thank you.  I was making some screen shots for you and I figured it out.

The scroll bar does not show up unless you click on the form and drag it down, then a scroll bar pops up.  But unless you know to do that, here is what shows on the form:

[img]webkit-fake-url://39F3F3B5-9FE9-45BA-A64E-8321C2546B7A/image.tiff[/img]

Now, if I click on the Add form and pull down with my mouse, I get a scroll bar, but only for as long as I am holding the mouse button down.

So, it's  not really intuitive but it works not that I know this.  Thanks for your help!

Jeff
Hi Jeff,

Thanks for reporting, please advise your Browser name and version.

Regards,

Yana.
Yana,

I was using Safari 7.01 on Mac OS 10.9.1

Oh, and by the way, I have worked a lot in software support in my life and you're awesome!

Jeff
Thank you Jeff! :-)
Jeff,

I was advised by other Mac users - that the scenario when scrollbar appears\pops up when you click and pull - is "usual" scenario for Mac (idenedently of the software).

Regards,

Yana.
Pages: 1
2,000,000+
organizations
are already using Bitrix24