Bitrix24 Community

Support » Forum » CRM » Track expenses associated with a product/deal
Pages: 1
RSS
Track expenses associated with a product/deal
Hi there....is there any version of Bitrix24 cloud (non self hosted) that would allow me to track expenses and associate those expenses with a deal?

For instance, let's say I have a product that I sell for $10, but my cost for that product is $7.  If I run a report for the month, it only shows me the $10 price as revenue, but there is no way to tell how much profit I have made ($3).

This would also apply to having a contractor work on a task.  Right now, you can track that the contractor worked 3 hours on a task by running a report, but there is no way to account for those hours as a loss.....Birtix only counts positive cash numbers?

Thanks!
Hi Nick,
is there any version of Bitrix24 cloud (non self hosted) that would allow me to track expenses and associate those expenses with a deal?
Unfortunately not, I've put the suggestion to the development department.
This would also apply to having a contractor work on a task.  Right now, you can track that the contractor worked 3 hours on a task by running a report, but there is no way to account for those hours as a loss.....Birtix only counts positive cash numbers?
Please advise the scenario , more details will be helpful (if you want to reduce hours over the deadline - for example the contractor had to finish the task within 3 hours, but he did it for 5 hours, so you need to..? or )

Thank you!

Kind Regards,

Yana.
Thanks, Yana.....I guess I would say that the scenario refers to my original question.  The reporting function shows how much money we have taken in, but that does not tell the full story.  If taking in $10 cost us $7 and we only made $3 it would be nice to know that in the reporting function.

If you did not want to build a whole expense tracking module, here is a hack I would suggest:

-allow "negative" value products  (a products that costs -$10 for instance)
-have a flag for those products that would mark them as "internal", and not show up on invoices, etc.
-allow those negative values act as a minus function when running reports to give actual totals

Thanks!
Hi Nick!

Thanks for the explanation and hacks! I've passed it to the Dev Team.

Regards,

Yana.
Any news from DEV team?

How to add product cost, sale price and calculate revenue from it? Only possible solution now for now is a custom field, but I'm not sure if it can calculate automatically from # of pieces.
Hi Lukas,

Revenue and sales cost calculations are not supported at the moment.

Best,

Yana.
Hi Yana,

I know and we are now evaluating Bitrix in our company and will have to decide if we will use it. It's nice that you can add some product, quantity and price. But there should be two columns for the price. I don't like that there is 1 year old message about passing to DEV team and then no response. So I don't know if this feature has been rejected or if it is already there or there is some workaround if we need two prices in product or deal.

From your response, it is not planned in the future as well. This means that if you cannot recommend some workaround for us in terms of custom columns or business process, we can use Bitrix only for file sharing and communication, not for CRM. And we already decided we don't need, nice to have, features like multiple subcontractors for one deal/product.

Best regards,
Lukas Satin
Dear Lukas!

As you may have noticed there are a lot of features requests in this forums - the reason is that Bitrix24 is a complex product with 35+ worktools, we do understand that several options require our immediate attention when other options seem to be desired value-added tools which our clients will appreciate. Please note that we are constantly working on the service improvement in different areas & we'll take all requests into account, but when it comes to the new release features set - we are obliged to limit requests to those which require most attention.

Currently we have to finish with the existing CRM options updates & polish the module before we may strat moving forward the new options. To be honest sales forecasting & double prices in product catalog are not on the list for the next 2 releases, but as I mentioned in the other post we may come back to this later. Thanks for the suggestion.

Best,

Yana.
We have just hit a brickwall, after spending a lot of money, time and effort into integratiion from our Erp system into B24 CRM

This is negative value is not allowed, so any orders, product qty or customer balance that have a negative value can not be saved / synced.

This now totally eliminates us being able to complete the integration

Please can you allow the negative symbol to sync to products, deals and invoice

As Nick asked some time ago

"-allow "negative" value products (a products that costs -$10 for instance) "

Please?
Hi Gareth,

We're working on this & may add negative values support soon (not scheduled yet, so I can't promise dates).

Best,

Yana.
Pages: 1
2,000,000+
organizations
are already using Bitrix24