Bitrix24 Community

Support » Forum » CRM » Export / Import process
Pages: 1
RSS
Export / Import process, Export / Import process
First off great system, its helping us all stay connected with a central office.
I'm working on making custom fields to match our old sys and wanted to confirm I'm not wasting any time.
  1. Are custom fields only available to the leads table?
  2. When 'converting' lead to contact, is the custom field data moved over or not?
  3. Is there a limit of 50 records per import process?
  4. Is there an unique identifier that will not allow double entries of records during the import process?
  5. If exported and data is editted, then re-imported, does it update or create new record?
  6. Any further advice / guideness you could offer would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,

Mike Pudlo
Hello,
1. Custom fields are also available for contacts, companies and deals.
2. No, it is not. I'll pass the request to the development department so it is possible to set correspondence fields while leads converting.
3. There are not any limitations on the amount of records imported. Is your list being cut off at 50?
4,5. There is not any identifier, so while re-importing double entries will be created. We are discussing now a solution for preventing this.
Ad 3. I have the same problem with import. It is limited to 50 records. Is there any way to import more record at once?
It was found that there is an error now in the service. We will fix it shortly. Sorry for inconvenience.
Importing a CSV file and Unicode (or UTF-8) problem

For novice users is this the way to do things? Which isn't easy for a novice by the way.
SOLUTION:
The only "easy way" of doing this is as follows. First, realize that there is a difference between what is displayed and what is kept hidden in the Excel .csv file.

(1) Open an Excel file where you have the info (.xls, .xlsx)
(2) In Excel, choose "CSV (Comma Delimited) (*.csv) as the file type and save as that type.
(3) In NOTEPAD (found under "Programs" and then Accessories in Start menu), open the saved .csv file in Notepad
(4) Then choose -> Save As..and at the bottom of the "save as" box, there is a sel ect box labelled as "Encoding". Select UTF-8 (do NOT use ANSI or you lose all accents etc). After selecting UTF-8, then save the file to a slightly different file name fr om the original.

This file is in UTF-8 and retains all characters and accents and can be imported, for example, into MySQL and other database programs.
What is the status with the.....
2. No, it is not. I'll pass the request to the development department so it is possible to set correspondence fields while leads converting.
......I created custom fields in leads, but when I convert it to company I don't see those fields. ???
Hi Denis,

Unfortunately, this opton is not available yet, but we will pass the request to the development departmen.

Kind regards,

Yana.
How many companies can I import at once at the moment? (i tried to import 5000 to migrate from another CRM, but it coul import only 1620) Thanks
Hi Miran,

Actually there is no limits on company number at the moment, though the problem may have been caused by some other technical issues, please contact out Help Desk for further assistance.

For news update and feedback on Bitrix24 we also invite you to follow our Facebook page  and Twitter.

Best regards,

Yana.
Yana Prokopets wrote:
Hi Denis,

Unfortunately, this opton is not available yet, but we will pass the request to the development departmen.

Kind regards,

Yana.

Can you clarify if/when this will be included? Not all CRM processes are the same, and leads and deals need to share the same information and data.

Thanks

Brian
Hi Brian,

We are aware of this feature necessity and we have plans to add it, but unfortunately I can't promise it will be implemented in our nearest release.

Regards,

Yana.
Denis Vuljanić wrote:
What is the status with the.....
......I created custom fields in leads, but when I convert it to company I don't see those fields. ???
This is super important for our company when converting leads - please advise status
Hi Timothy,

I have no info on this option plans now - I'll be able to advise later.

But (!) what I can propose as a work-around - is that lead's custom fields can be converted to contact if you will BEFORE conversion process create the same type, name & conditions custom field for the contact (and will add it to the new contact creation form). I've tested this with string type of field for leads conversion to contact. It worked.

Hope this may be useful , but we still remember the feature is demanded.

Yana.
Thanks and understand - but apparently it does not work properly with "list" fields. That is what I am experiencing.
Ok, noted.. Unfortunately that was just work-around as I've said. We'll wait for the option implementation.

Thanks for sharing the observations.

Yana.
Where is the button to import my contacts ?

Please clikc the right side settings icon and choose from import options.

Best,

Yana.
Hi Admin,

I have imported 40 contacts in my Bitrix CRM. Now I want to search for the contacts that do not has the email address. I tried and did several R&D still can't figure out how. Is it possible to do in the existing system?
Hi Sachin!

Unfortunately the filter does not support limit by "no value" condition. You can only add email address field to the list columns - and scroll the contacts list to see which contacts have email address field  filled and wich have not.

Best,

Yana.
Yana, regarding import contacts, companies and invoices, I would want to know:

- Perfect to import at first time, but if I want to update from my ERP my contacts once a week and I use the same kind of Excel, bitrix24 detect the contacts that already have or it will duplicate?
- How can I create an automatic proccess to update that files? Could I make an automatic worklow?

Best regards  
hello dear admin

i want to save  all contact's info from bitrix  in an exel  or notepad then export them in another bitrix , how can u help me with this issue
I am very new to this software and I am finding it very hard to import my contacts from an csv file.  It should not be this complicated.
Can anyone assist me with this process - so I can begin to use the program?

Thank you.
Hi Agustin,

Duplicates search is available.

Hi Nima,

You can import list of CRM records to Excel (CSV) & import this file to another Bitrix24 after.

Hi Doug,

Please see this Help article.

Best,

Yana.
Yana Prokopets wrote:

Please clikc the right side settings icon and choose from import options.

Best,

Yana.
Hey Yana,

What should we do if ther's no "import" option in our menu: https://gyazo.com/bae21e65fde9e14dc73b702b608ddfce
Thanks in advance,
Lukas
Please check your access permissions for import in CRM Settings > Permissions > Access permissions > role settings > import.

Best,

Yana.
Yana Prokopets wrote:
Please check your access permissions for import in CRM Settings > Permissions > Access permissions > role settings > import.

Best,

Yana.
I went my.bitrix24.com/crm/configs/perms/
There is no role settings>import
https://goo.gl/photos/3tyF5UKCEaG2c1py9

and further
these docs
https://helpdesk.bitrix24.com/open/1332389/
refer to an ancient video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zq-BNQPC-s4&feature=youtu.be
that is not accurate nor reflective of current UI
:(

I've spent 30 minutes looking for a contact import option and still no joy.
:(

Please make a new video showing the NEW bitrix24 UI and the complete process from csv to import.

thank you
Dennis
 Hi Dennis!

Please open your role - due to your screenshot your role = manager, open it for editing. In the access configuration table please check import settings.

Best,

Yana.
Pages: 1
2,000,000+
organizations
are already using Bitrix24