Bitrix24 Community

Support » Forum » CRM » CRM -- contact available to everybody -- access permissions
Pages: 1
RSS
CRM -- contact available to everybody -- access permissions, Is there a way to really make a contact available to everybody?
After watching the videos, forum scouring, and experimenting I think I am starting to get a handle on the the CRM with regards to access permissions. I see that when checking the "available to everyone" ( this contact can be viewed by anybody) what it really means is that the contact is no longer tagged as a "personal" contact and it is now available to everyone else in the department that the employee is a part of ( the employee that the contact is tagged as "responsible to".  

My question is , Is there a way to tag a contact as truly available to everyone in the company? Regardless of what department the contact belongs to?

I had the idea of creating a fake employee and assigning him to be a part of every department and then assigning public contacts such as vendors to this fake person so that everyone in the company can see the contact. Only problem is that then it changes the "responsible" role. Any other ways around this so I can have general contacts truly available to everyone without losing the department privileges we have set up?

My second question is that after someone leaves the company and they are set to that status what happens to all the contacts that were assigned responsible to that employee?

Thanks so much!
Hi James,

Can you please advise why access permissions with "read"="all" do not suite you? If you could share access permissions scenario with roles - would be great (easier to get the scenario). Thank you.

My second question is that after someone leaves the company and they are set to that status what happens to all the contacts that were assigned responsible to that employee?
The contacts stay in your Bitrix24 account with same (dismissed) responsible assigned, in this case your admin has to filter all your contacts by responsible=name of dismissed employee, and assign a new responsible to these contacts.

Kind Regads,

Yana.
Hi Yana thanks for the response. So :

Dept. A will have Read personal & department...

Dept. B will have Read personal, & department...

And so on keeping the contacts to each department.  But trying to find a way to have some contacts be available to the entire company , viewed by anyone regardless of the department.

I thought of creating a fake employees and putting him in every department and then assigning the contact to this fake account and thought it might be an idea to make it available everywhere? But of course it means these contacts are no longer assigned to a proper person.  

Any ideas? Thanks again
I agree with James, and I may be able to offer further explanation as I understood, and as it applies to my case.

We have a Sales Department, and Engineering Department, and the Executive Suite setup. Both Sales & Engineering report to the Executive Suite.

• Clients are sourced and managed while creating the lead by the Sales Department, so the responsible person is fr om Sales. With the current scenario those contacts are only available to the Sales department.
  • When Sales close the deal, Engineering take over and they will need to access some contacts, and create some new ones. Contacts created by Sales would not be accessible to Engineering under the current setup unless the Responsible Person is changed to someone from Engineering.
  • Sales will still need access to some of the contacts, and this is wh ere the problem occurs. There are some client contacts that are "universal" - meaning they would be contacts for Sales, Engineering, Executive Suite, as well as other departments. We need a way to identify those contacts as universal contacts on the Bitrix system so that they would be available to either all departments, or to certain departments as identified by the responsible person.

Further access privileges would be nice, (for example contacts would be available for managers only, etc.) however not necessary, at least for us at this moment in time.

I hope this helps further explain, and I look forward to your feedback.
Faris Moalmi wrote:
I agree with James, and I may be able to offer further explanation as I understood, and as it applies to my case.

We have a Sales Department, and Engineering Department, and the Executive Suite setup. Both Sales & Engineering report to the Executive Suite.

Clients are sourced and managed while creating the lead by the Sales Department, so the responsible person is fr om Sales. With the current scenario those contacts are only available to the Sales department.

When Sales close the deal, Engineering take over and they will need to access some contacts, and create some new ones. Contacts created by Sales would not be accessible to Engineering under the current setup unless the Responsible Person is changed to someone from Engineering.

Sales will still need access to some of the contacts, and this is wh ere the problem occurs. There are some client contacts that are "universal" - meaning they would be contacts for Sales, Engineering, Executive Suite, as well as other departments. We need a way to identify those contacts as universal contacts on the Bitrix system so that they would be available to either all departments, or to certain departments as identified by the responsible person.

Further access privileges would be nice, (for example contacts would be available for managers only, etc.) however not necessary, at least for us at this moment in time.

I noticed its been almost 3 months and no response.  Did you figure this out?  I have having the same issues.
Yana Prokopets wrote:
Hi James,

Can you please advise why access permissions with "read"="all" do not suite you? If you could share access permissions scenario with roles - would be great (easier to get the scenario). Thank you.
The contacts stay in your Bitrix24 account with same (dismissed) responsible assigned, in this case your admin has to filter all your contacts by responsible=name of dismissed employee, and assign a new responsible to these contacts.

Kind Regads,

Yana.
Yana- Can you explain what you meant with the "access permissions with "read"="all" means?
Dear Yana

Hope this email finds you good shape of health.I have few issues in the CRM section .Please provide the clarification,i attached the screenshots for your reference.

1) In Lead Section ---Go to Activity and Click on Event Type , How can i send the information entered in the event section to the head of sales.On Clicking on Add button i need to send the attached files,Description ,Event Type to the Head Of Sales.I created a Business process ,its triggers an email perfectly but the attachment and event date, description is missing.Please correct me how to send the attachment through email,I will attach the business process which i created.Please Refer --Event Type.png

2) How can i restrict  Sales officer assigning the Lead to the Some other Sales person ,the lead created by him.In this case the sale officer has only rights to process the lead by himself ,not allowed to assign anybody.When i just click on the responsible field its showing me all the employees details.Only the Head of Sales have permission to assign leads to sales officers.How can i set the access permission for responsible field.Please Refer --Restrict Responsible.png

3) When i tried import the Bulk leads to through excel ,i updated the responsible person name as different Sales officers name in the Bitrix ,who are all have account access in the Bitrix CRM. After importing ,i can see one default name in the Responsible section.How can i Assign to other sales officer when importing the lead itself.

Thanks and Regards
Yana

Dear Yana

In Reports ,When i tried to create a report for Manager activity.Sales officers monthly activity report shows the Call ,Meeting ,Outgoing and incoming email numbers.But not the company details.I need the company details also in the activity report.To which company he made a call,To which company he sent email.

Best Regards
Syed Razali
Hi Syed!

Unfortunately this report cannot show these details.

Best,

Yana.
Dear Yana

Please give me a solution how can I display the company details in the report with the  manager activity ....Above this post i requested solution for the issues i am facing currently .please provide me the solution as soon as possible ,we are waiting past one week for the reply.Your reply is highly appreciated

Best regards
Syed Razali.S  
Hi Syed!

Unfortunately, a Business Process cannot send emails with attachments, at least not in the cloud – and triggering an email fr om an Event (this Meeting) There is simply no way in the cloud version to get the attachment from this Event/Meeting (which is an Activity – Activities are actually stored in a separate ‘information block’ from the Lead or Contact) and to append it to an email.
You could, conceivably, trigger this from a BP, rather than from the Activities section of the Lead/Contact. Create a BP that sends an email to the Head of Sales and then creates a CRM Event (the block is called “Add CRM Event”). Even this email could not send the attachment (although in the self-hosted version you probably could do it). What it could do is send the Event, Lead/Contact name, current date, and a link to the document’s location or a download link, which I presume would be stored in a document library.
That might not be adequate in your case. It does require placing the document somewh ere (though it could be in the Lead/Contact) and then launching the BP from the Lead/Contact.

Best,

Yana.
Hi Yana,
Faris Moalmi wrote:

Clients are sourced and managed while creating the lead by the Sales Department, so the responsible person is fr om Sales. With the current scenario those contacts are only available to the Sales department.

When Sales close the deal, Engineering take over and they will need to access some contacts, and create some new ones. Contacts created by Sales would not be accessible to Engineering under the current setup unless the Responsible Person is changed to someone from Engineering.

Sales will still need access to some of the contacts, and this is wh ere the problem occurs. There are some client contacts that are "universal" - meaning they would be contacts for Sales, Engineering, Executive Suite, as well as other departments. We need a way to identify those contacts as universal contacts on the Bitrix system so that they would be available to either all departments, or to certain departments as identified by the responsible person.

I noticed its been almost 3 months and no response. Did you figure this out? I have having the same issues.

Im having the same issue, In the company we have some clients that need to be available for everyone. The question here is: How can we create or edit the existing contacts making them available to all the users.

The goal here is to share some/all of the contacts in the database to everyone (This is our main goal).

Hopefully you can help us!
Thanks a lot!

Gerardo
go to CRM - setting - permission - Access Permission

on the right panel there is Role.
edit the role and "contact" make it to "ALL" if you wanna show the contact to all

Steve Wilson wrote:
Faris Moalmi  wrote:

I noticed its been almost 3 months and no response.  Did you figure this out?  I have having the same issues.
I am in the same situation, does anybody figure how to do it?, because i dónt see the solution  
Hi Angelica!

We don't have a flexible solution for your scenario at the moment. Only if you can play somehow with lead\contact\deal types, e.x. lead when working at 1st level, after lead is ready to go to the next department\level - contact, universal - deal...

Best,

Yana.
This is a VERY VERY SIMPLE FIX and solve EVERYONE's problems.  The whole world has this need. It should be a major top priority and very simple to fix.

On the EDIT button of a CONTACT... where we scroll down to a check box of

√   Available to everyone: no

simply change that to a

BITRIX > CRM > MORE... > PERMISSIONS > ACCESS PERMISSION > Add access permission  > USER CATEGORY

ALLOW USERS TO RUN THAT ENTIRE ROUTINE ON every single contact and problem is 100% solved. You can share whatever you want with whoever you want with laser like precision.
hi
i am using Bitrix Free Version and i gave admin permission to one of my team and i have the same admin permission / the employee can not create new Leads in the free version ? is that Right ?  
Hello! You have to make sure that this employee has an appropriate CRM role configured with the access to Leads at CRM > More > Settings > Permissions > Access Permissions >. Also this employee should have access to Business Tools.

Regards,

Nick
Pages: 1
2,000,000+
organizations
are already using Bitrix24