Bitrix24 Community

Support » Forum » CRM » Custom fields - Bug with Lists.
Pages: 1
RSS
Custom fields - Bug with Lists.
Greetings.

When creating a Custom Field of type List, you can run into the following bug:

- Create a List field (in my case it was a Contact) (Parameters: Design List, List Height 1, Required NO).
- Add elements to the list.
- Save    -> So far all good.
- Create new Contact
- The new List field will have as first item the word "no" then the rest of list items defined for the field.

How to remove that "no":
Make the List field Required YES in the definition.

Definitely a bug to be corrected.

Thanks!

Cheers,
Jean
Hi, Yana.

Sure, will do.
Thx :-)

Jean
Any solution?
Jean & Jorge!

No is not a bug, but the logic - you've stated the list parameter as "not required", meaning this field may stay empty. When you're filling the new contact form the "no" field advises that this paarmeter has not been used\filled.

Hope this makes sence.

Yana.
Hi,

I am having the same issue with the "no" in the list in a custom field. I have the required button filled, but it just won't go away. Is there any other way to get rid of this?

Thanks for all your help!
Dusty
Hi Dustin!

You can set another default value (choose from list values at the "list" page in field settings)

Best,

Yana.
This doesn't seem to work for me.  I want to create a list of check boxes for member status.

The values are "never a member", "current member", "expired membership".

I create a custom field for contacts, set the field type as "list", set the design to "check box", turn the "required" check box on, and sel ect one of the values as the default value fr om the list tab.    Despite all that, I still get a "no" in the list of choices.  Is there a way to remove it?

The logic doesn't really make sense to me.  It's a required field with a default value, and "no" doesn't make any sense at all in the list.  There needs to be a way to disable that.
Edited: Chris Clegg - 08/27/2015 17:54:16
Hi Chris!

Please contact our Helpdesk. Thank you.

Best,

Yana.
I'm having the same problem and and as an OCD neat freak, it's really frustrating me!
Hi Sarah!

Please make sure you have chosen default value in the field settings wizard - list page:

and Saved the changes.

After that you should have chosen default value be automatically shown in the new contact creation form:

If you facing a bug please report this to our Helpdesk. Thank you.

Best,

Yana.
I am having the same problem and have set the custom field to required and sel ected a Default Value on the List tab. However, "No" continues to display as one of the choices. When I originally created the customer field I set the Multiple selection to "No" as I want the user to only select one value in the List. Is this causing the problem? Should I delete and recreate the customer field this time selectin "YES" for Multiple selections?
It wouldn't matter to me one way or the other but the customer is asking me to remove the word "NO" fr om the List.
Thanks
Steve
Hi Steve!

I don't observe same problem  - please report this to our Helpdesk - they will have a closer look at your account. Thank you.

Best,

Yana.  
Pages: 1
2,000,000+
organizations
are already using Bitrix24