Bitrix24 Community

Support » Forum » HR tools » delete an invitation? delete users?
Pages: 1
RSS
delete an invitation? delete users?
I have checked forum and FAQ for this, but have not yet found a solution:

I have invited a user who never accepted the invitation and has since left the company. I would like to remove that invitation from the system for two reasons:

- His open invitation clutters up the screen of open invitations.
- I want to revoke the invitation so he is not able to join anymore.
- I wonder whether the invitation counts towards the maximum free users we can have?

When I click the settings symbol next to his name in the “Invited” section and select “Delete”, I get an error message “Error! The user was not deleted.”

Not being able to revoke invitations would potentially (not in this case) be a significant security issue especially in the case of disgruntled former contractors/employees.

How can I delete the user or (since he is not really a user yet) revoke his invitation?
Hi Wolfgang,

Actually this problem can be solved by deleting the Invitation in "Employees"/"Invited" section. After you  delete the employee from "Invited" list, the link provided in his/her email will not work anymore (it will appear as a LOG IN form suitable only for those already registed at your Bitrix24 Account. For comparison, active invitation link transfer you to "Create a login and password" page).

As far as the problem you have seems to be a technical issue (error message “Error! The user was not deleted") - we advise you to contact ourHelp desk for further technical assistance.

Best regards,

Yana.
I don´t know how I can delete the Invitation in "Employees"/"Invited" section.

The system doesn´t permit this task.

I hope I can understand better soon when spanish version come up, perhaps the next week. :)

Thanks.
Hi Antonio,

You can delete invited users in settings - please find the settings icon next to the email address of the employee you have just invited (please see screenshot)

Kind Regards,

Yana.
I did try, but it didn´t fix. the only thing I`ve done is change a "inactive" status, but, its Impossible deleted (them) for me.
Hi Antonio,

The way I've described above is about Invited users - those whom you've sent invitations but they haven't confirmed the invitations yet (to do that you need to go to "Invited" not to "Inactive").

As for "inactive" - these are your employees who haven't opened the portal for some time. It means that if you need to delete the users who are among your employees already - here is what you have to do: open "all" employees sections> click settings drop-down menu>click "dismiss" .

Kind Regards,

Yana.
Hi Yana,

Would like to confirm that whether user under "Inactive" able to delete from the list? Means i will not seeing his/her account under inactive list anymore.

rgds,
Sunny
We do not provide an option for complete removal of inactive users in order that their activities will remain available on the intranet.
Ann Slyshkina wrote:
We do not provide an option for complete removal of inactive users in order that their activities will remain available on the intranet.
Hi Ann,

If in this case, is there any limitation number fall under inactive users?

rgds,
Sunny
Hi Sunny,

There is no limitation on inactive users.
Yana Prokopets wrote:
Hi Antonio,

You can delete invited users in settings - please find the settings icon next to the email address of the employee you have just invited (please see screenshot)

Kind Regards,

Yana.
I am having the same problem. I mistyped an employees name when I invited them. They never became active and are still listed as invited. When I go to settings and click "Delete", nothing happens.
Hi Bret,

We do not observe the problem on our PCs, please submit a ticket to our Help Desk for further technical assistance with your portal.
Kind Regards,

Yana.
Hello,

How can the employee delete himself as an employee? He has been dismised alredy but  still has his Bitrix account...how to delete it?

Thanks
Edited: Jener Lauriano - 06/20/2014 19:22:31
Hi Jener,

The dismissed employess have their accounts, but they cannot login to Bitrix24. We do not allow complete deletion of users because of their activity history inside Bitrix24 can have implications for future problem resolution and discovery. Furthermore, their messages, files, tasks etc may be useful for other employess.
Hi,

My Question - our company is using the non commercial version of the tool until we scale up and need to add more employees to the tool. So for the non paid version of the tool, does the ability to add new employees get affected due to the number of dismissed employees?

If I were to put this differently - is the number of dismissed employees added to the quota of users/employees allowed by the non paid version of the tool?
Hi Vaibhav!

Does the ability to add new employees get affected due to the number of dismissed employees?

No, dismissed users are not included in the total number of licensed users. For example, if you have 12 employees - you can dismiss 3 & invite 3 new, etc.

Kind Regards,

Yana.
I'm using the "Free" plan and tried deleting one of the invited employee but the system is not deleting it.

Hi Alfredo!

Please contact our Helpdesk(we do not observe the problem on our accounts). Thank you!

Best,

Yana.
It should be possible to delete an employee only if he hasn't any activity registered. I need to delete a test employee that have nothing in their logs. Can you help me?
Edited: Gustavo Pérez - 06/16/2015 05:25:47
Hi Gustavo!

I'm afraid this is a tech limitation for all cloud accounts - please advise in which way does this dismissed employee interrupts with your work? Thank you.

Best,

Yana.
My work is about UX. So I'm telling you this because information in User Interfaces is a basic. Workarounds and ignoring issues will lead to problems. Unnecesary items becomes garbage when you don't need them anymore. When you are about to delete (permanently) some critical data you receive some warning message before you proceed. Something like this: "Are you sure you want to delete this information? this will be deleted permanently if you confirm by clicking YES". So also should be a warning message telling Administrator that every created user will remain unremovable permanently (including testing created users). If the problem to delete a dismissed user is their existing activities and relationships with another items, the absence of relationships (in case of a testing created user) should be validated (and may be notified/confirmed) in the platform and after this validation the user deletion should be an option.
Edited: Gustavo Pérez - 06/16/2015 19:00:27
Thanks for the detailed argumentaion Gustavo, I'll pass this to our usability team.

Best,

Yana.
Thank you Yana.
Hello all, I am a new user and faced the same problems as Gustavo and others did.
What is essential to a project leader is to be able to 'remove clutter' as you said, from either projects, users, invites, etc.
If we confirm a deletion of something means that we are aware of what we are doing and are responsible for it :)

Anyway, I found even more weird issue today..
I have my account linked to my main admin email, then:
1. I've added a new test user to check out what it looks like from it's side.
2. Logged in as a test user and all is well, logged out.
3. Logged in again as main admin and added admin rights to the test user
4. Logged back again as a test user (now admin)
5. Dismissed the main admin account ;)
6. Couldn't log back as admin, error saying my account may have been dismissed? (see attached)

Not that this scenario will almost never happen in reality, because you trust your admins.
But how is it possible that someone else, even an admin, can remove the super admin from his own account? It shouldn't be, it's plain silly I think.

regards
Deckey
Capture.JPG (77.53 Kb)
Hi Dejan!

We have added this possibility because we were receiving a lot of requests for it, as it happens that user who registered company's intranet may not be admin or CEO, so we've added it.

Best,

Yana.  
Hi Yana, thanks for the quick reply.
I completely agree to have the same options for admins, but maybe it wouldn't hurt to add another 'super admin' category, or 'account holder' in the future.
As an account owner, you should feel protected that no one can 'hijack' your own account, imho.
Thanks again, the software is great, keep up the good work!
regards
Deckey
Hi Deckey!

Thank you for the kind words on our product & for the suggestions - we'll consider them.

Best,

Yana.
Pages: 1
2,000,000+
organizations
are already using Bitrix24