Bitrix24 Community

Support » Forum » Ideas (feature request) » Frustrating when a right click pops up the Context Menu
Pages: 1
RSS
Frustrating when a right click pops up the Context Menu, Can't right click a company name and open it in a new browser tab! The right click feature pops up a custom Bitrix24 menu
One thing we find frustrating when using Bitrix24 is that, when viewing the list of Companies, we can't right click a company name and open it in a new browser tab!  The right click feature pops up a custom Bitrix24 menu with various options / activities to choose from.

While it is nice to have this menu, we now have no way to 'View' the company in another browser tab.  This means we have to click to view the company, and then click back to the list again... which decreases our production rate since we must wait for page loads all the time... and we can't refer back to the list when we have a company view open (unless we open a new tab from the companies button at the top of the page.  Although this does not solve our problem.
I think a simple solution would be to add another item to this context menu which does the same thing as 'View' but instead is 'View in new tab'.  And for us, this item should be on the top of the list of options!

UPDATE: This feature would also be good for the 'Edit' link as well as the 'View' link.
Edited: Patrick Keane - 10/13/2014 12:15:06 (Added extra (see update))
Hi Patrick!

we can't right click a company name and open it in a new browser tab! The right click feature pops up a custom Bitrix24 menu with various options / activities to choose from.
Thanks for the observation & detailed suggestion, I'll pass it to the usability team.

Kind Regards,

Yana.
You could always hold down Ctrl + click to open in a new tab, or SHIFT + Click to open in a new window.
Hi!
Good suggestion... That thought never crossed my mind.  I just told my cologues and they were happy to find that out. Although they did mention it would be great to be able to go directly to the edit screen, as opposed to the view screen.

Mostly, they want to edit the comments, phone or email address fields.  Before the update, we were able to click on the comment text and edit it directly from the view screen.  However this feature has now been removed.  I commented about that here.

I would think this might be something that many companies would like.
Edited: Patrick Keane - 10/20/2014 18:21:28
Pages: 1
2,000,000+
organizations
are already using Bitrix24