Bitrix24 Community

Support » Forum » Ideas (feature request) » Wiki & Content Management
Pages: 1
RSS
Wiki & Content Management
Hello,

We have a self-hosted version of bitrix that we're getting ready to roll out to our users. Without customization, wiki seems to be the main way to do content management on bitrix. The problem is that the wiki is simply awful. It's the most primitive version of the wiki I've ever used and is a really weak point of the software. Do you have plans to upgrade the wiki or change it something else? I've heard rumors of it being replaced with a wiki/evernote solution, is that in the works? If so, will it make it into the Fall release? I really hope you do, because Bitrix could hugely benefit from a more wholesome content management solution.

OZ
Hi Oleg!

Do you have plans to upgrade the wiki or change it something else?
Yes, we do plan to replace it with something elase. but it hasn't been scheduled for the fall release yet, so I really can't shed any light at the moment.

Best,

Yana.
Hi Yana!

Can you already share something new about the new wiki functionality?

Best regards,
Martin.
Yes, please give us an update.

Also, when exactly is the Fall release coming out? I mean we're almost half way through November. And could you please provide us with all the changes coming in the Fall release?
Hi Martin & Oleg!

Unfortunately this idea has been postponed, but we have prepared a list of other interesting options & features to represent in this release. Stay tuned!

Best,

Yana.
Considering that content management is one of the weakest, if not the weakest, parts of Bitrix, that's disappointing to hear, but hardly surprising. What about the other parts of my question - when is it being released and what are the other changes?
Yet another follow-up, when is the Fall release coming and what are the other changes in it?
Hi Oleg!

We plan to release several features & updates by the end of the year. Stay tuned!

Best,

Yana.
Hi Yana and Oleg!

Any updates on the wiki functionality?

Best regards,
Martin.
Unfortunately no Martin, just a bunch of broken promises from Bitrix. I'm also waiting to see what they come up with to enhance their wiki...
I have purchased Bitrix for my company but am holding of implementing until some functions improve. The wiki is one of the functions which (as this post suggests) needs a major improvement. I would like to add some details:
  • A more powerful visual editor for the wiki including: 1. Tab key indents bullets in lists (ordered and unordered). 2. More powerful tables with ability to add rows and columns to existing tables. 3. An Undo and Redo button with a stack of at least 5 previous actions. 4. Ability to paste an image from the clipboard and have the image uploaded automatically and then displayed at the cursor. 5. All functions work in IE, Edge, Chrome, Firefox, Opera browsers. 6. Widget for inline video insertion/playing. 7. Checkbox list style which can be inserted in text or in a table cell so that readers of the post can check the items as done/completed/agreed. 8. Checkbox list items which do not disappear when they are checked (as they do today in the task checklist object.)

• Essentially the same visual editor and the same format of toolbar used for creating wiki pages and creating messages and other multi-line, multi-media objects across Bitrix so that the dialog is the same in any part of the system.

The above items are not exotic. We have them today in Confluence and many other wiki/note-taking apps.
Pages: 1
2,000,000+
organizations
are already using Bitrix24