Bitrix24 Community

Support » Forum » Ideas (feature request) » Feature Request: Recurring Deals for Maintenance Renewals
Pages: 1
RSS
Feature Request: Recurring Deals for Maintenance Renewals, Feature Request: Recurring Deals for Maintenance Renewals
I'm sure a lot of your clients are in the software/service industry. As such, they almost all have ongoing maintenance agreements that renew every year. Right now, we try to track them as deals for which we change the close date to +1 year whenever an agreement has been renewed. However, it is just a workaround. Do you plan to offer a dedicated maintenance renewal component to Bitrix24 at some point?
Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion. Please advise more scenario details for our dev team. For example, now a business process can be created that will remind you that this deal needs to be billed again and you can aslo add "waiting for new prolongation\annual payment" status to deal section. I do understand that you meant something different by your suggestion - so a couple of scenario steps will be very helpful.

Thank you.

Yana.
Hello All

New Bitrix24 and evaluation as a possible replacement for SFDC. So far so good except the odd things here and there when it comes to importing data.  Searching and reading the forum is GREAT!

On this specific topic, I would like to add my support to a Renewal Cycle within CRM as this would simply be a God sent :)

If a scenario helps:

Service sold on an annual base, say  year 1, Jan 2014 to Dec 2014 for $10,000. When entering details on CRM, a start and end date would be also part of template. Usually such a sale is either done on multi-year contract (typically 3 to 5 years). In the case, we would be able to enter the agreed upon pricing for the duration of the Contract:
Year 1: Jan Dec 2014 $10,000
Year 2: Jan Dec 2015 $12,000
etc.

Alternatively, a price increase would be established, say 5% per year.

In the above cases, CRM would be able to record the pricing for the duration of the contract either by entering the pricing for each of the contract years or by using the Price increase percentage to calculate pricing for year 2 onwards

One could imagine somekind of trigger on the setting page: "Renewal Alert = 60 days before end date" and a report would go with that as well. This means that on the Activity Stream users would be able to see the upcoming renewals at a glance and also report on renewals due for any given range of dates. This would be great to batch process renewal notices/ invoices/ etc.. This would be a very good starting point for managing recurring business which is more or more frequent these days. Right now I am using Custom fields for Start and End Date and at least I can record this information and users can see it on the DEAL page. I beleive the best place top enter the pricing for years 1,2 etc.. would be under the Product Tab. This means that there would be one master record for the deal with all the usual details and the renewal line items would be under Product Tab with start and end dates. I would love to see this happening!!!! Hope this helps - Nazim
Thanks for the scenario Nazim,

Yana.
Hello has there been any development on this idea? It is something we are very interested in also, being in the services industry we need to manage a large volume of 1 year and 2 year service contracts.

Thanks.
+1 from me - almost all of our services are recurring in nature.

Ruth
Ruth Cheesley
Virya Group Limited
We have monthly recurring contracts, deals that would need to be automatically updated as they're the exact same thing over and over again.  Also, the deal system seems to lack an 'in progress' indicator.  While this may, for some, intuitively go into the tasks department, it seems that it would be convenient to have a deal that is still in the air as the project continues be in a 'being fulfilled' status.  Additionally, with the ability to automatically reinstate itself once completed.

Or maybe I'm misunderstanding the nature of the Deal tab.
Pages: 1
2,000,000+
organizations
are already using Bitrix24