Bitrix24 Community

Support » Forum » Ideas (feature request) » Chat Ideas
Pages: 1
RSS
Chat Ideas
Hi,
would I would really like to see is the possibility to send files directly via chat.

What would also be good is the possibility to automatically create a chat group for a working-group.
would I would really like to see is the possibility to send files directly via chat.
Thanks for the suggestion!

possibility to automatically create a chat group for a working-group.

Can you please share the reason why is it needed for chat, as the workgroup activity strean messages serve the same role.. maybe you have a specific scenario? thanks.

Yana.
Is there a plan in a near future for chat desktop client, which allows file or at lease image paste?
Hi Tamás ,

Files can already be sent via desktop or online chat - via attachment icon - please try :)

Best,

Yana.
yes i know, but not by simply ctrl+c on file, and ctrl+v on chat textbox. this way would be much quicker.
Yana, I'm on a self-hosted version and I can't seem to find the Attachment Icon in the desktop app chat or via browser chat. Can you tell me exactly where it's located?

Thanks,

Oleg
Hi Oleg!

This option is bound to New Bitrix24 Drive update that is not yet rolled out to the self-hosted version, we plan to update the self-hosted version end of March\April.

Best,

Yana.
Hi Yana,

I am using the chat feature and can't seem to find any way to attach files. Has that not been introduced yet?

Thanks.
Oleg Zhovnir wrote:
Yana, I'm on a self-hosted version and I can't seem to find the Attachment Icon in the desktop app chat or via browser chat. Can you tell me exactly where it's located?

Thanks,

Oleg
Oleg, which Self Hosted version have you taken dear? Is it worth buying the self hosted?
Dear Brendan & Owais,

Desktop app is same for cloud & self-hosted version.

Best,

Yana.
Yana Prokopets wrote:
Hi Oleg!

This option is bound to New Bitrix24 Drive update that is not yet rolled out to the self-hosted version, we plan to update the self-hosted version end of March\April.

Best,

Yana.

Has this been released yet? I can't see an attach/send file button or link on the self hosted desktop app chat.
Hi Dan!

The file sharing option is on the left:

Please check if you have the latest version of the app.

Best,

Yana.
I don't see that. Where can I download the latest version from? And how can I tell what my current version is?
Hi Dan!

Here are the desktop app links.

Check app version and available updates:

To be able to check the desktop app version number & see available updates - launch the app and:
for Mac: click “about Bitrix24” in the upper left corner;
for Windows: right-click the application icon “about the program”.

Best,

Yana.
Is there a known issue with this feature at the moment? It doesn't work for me. I can click the button and send a file, which looks like it's sent fine in my IM session, but the receiver never receives any files I try to send.
OK this now seems to be working.

However, "sending" a file isn't really sending the file, it just sends a link to the file hosted on the Bitrix server. Is this just a temporary measure until you implement proper file sending? When do you expect to be able to send files directly through the IM app?
Hi Dan!

We don't have plans for this.

Best,

Yana.
Pages: 1
2,000,000+
organizations
are already using Bitrix24