Self hosted Dropbox server
As you know, Dropbox does not offer self hosted server option. So if you want to have your own private 'Dropbox' - consider Bitrix24.
It's free for 12 users and, unlike Dropbox, it’s available both in cloud and as self hosted software (you get open source access if you select this option).
Importantly, you'll be able to use Bitrix24 mobile and desktop apps when you go for on premise deployment. Assess to files can be set up according to your
company structure and Bitrix24 comes with a number of document approval workflows that no one else has. And since self hosted Bitrix24 comes with CMS and
open source code access, you can insert your own logo, change appearance and do much more.
* Please note that the information may have changed since the publication. For current prices and features please visit Bitrix24 pricing page.
- Free online storage (5GB)
- Free unlimited bandwidth
- Self hosted server (from
- Fully customizable
- Online & Offline document editing
- Document management and approvals
- Desktop apps (Mac and PC)
- Mobile apps (iOS and Android)
- Active Directory support
- API, apps, integrations, open source code access
Familiar concept and feature set
- Personal, group and company drive
- Mobile and desktop apps and device syncing
- Public download links
- Time restricted and password protected download links
- XXL file support ( > 2GB)
- Batch file syncing (hundreds – thousands)
- Online apps (Google Docs, Microsoft Office Online)
- Offline apps (MS Office, OpenOffice, Adobe, Pages for Mac, etc)
- Simultaneous multiuser document editing
- Versioning / Document history / Revert to
- File locking
- Read only
- Document commenting
- File share in chat
- Learn more
All that plus
- Fully functional social intranet
- Tasks & projects
- Calendar and planning
- Video conferencing
- Group chat
- CRM and client management
- Email server and telephony
- Learn more
If you want to start using free online file sharing server, this Bitrix24 manual will get you up to speed quickly.
In order to test self hosted (on premise) edition of Bitrix24, you need to download it from here. Please keep in mind that it takes about 1.5 hours to deploy and set it up.
Self hosted Bitrix24 manual is available here.