Bitrix24 has a new function which allows the creation of an “external” link to a particular file, so that it can be shared with external users. This means that users can use their personal library, group libraries (including in the extranet) and the Shared Documents library as a file exchange tool, providing access to chosen files to anyone who is not user of the intranet itself.
There are security measures, of course – access can require a password and can be limited to a set time frame. Using this function, you can avoid using external resources for storing data and lighten the load on your corporate mail server.
- Any user with read access to the file can create a ‘public access’ link to it.
- All document library types (personal, groups including extranet groups, and global) have this capability.
- Access to a file can be limited by time and protected by a password.
- A single file can have several different access links created to it which work under different passwords or time limits. These links can be created by a single intranet user or by multiple users with access to the document.
- Links can be closed at any time from the document library.
4 steps to open an external file:
- In the list from the context menu, there is a new option: Share this item
- We set the access parameters in the dialog that appears (Share this file):
Set time restrictions
Set a password, if necessary;
- A link is created for external access to the given file;
- The link is shared by email, IM, or social network with the person to whom access should be given.