If you allow your customers to contact you by phone, you might want to install sales call tracking software. Such a system will gather accurate statistics related to calls and you'll be able to use this data to improve your marketing and sales strategies. From this article, you'll get to know how exactly you can benefit from call tracking. Plus, you'll find a list of features that you should look for in the software that you might want to use for this purpose.
Call tracking enables you to track marketing activities that drive calls to your business. A unique phone number can be associated with each of the marketing channels that you use: newsletters, offline ads, Google Ads and so on. These numbers will forward calls to your business. You'll be able to record your conversations with customers and gather exhaustive statistics on their calls.
A call tracking system enables you to achieve the following goals:
● Identify marketing channels that drive the most phone calls. You might want to focus more of your marketing efforts on these channels.
● Detect qualified leads. Calling tools can not only record your customers' calls but also analyze the conversations. Based on this knowledge, you can prioritize following up with your best leads, improve your campaigns and spend more budget on what actually drives conversions.
● Determine the keywords that drive phone calls. You can assign a specific phone number for each set of keywords. Find out which words attract the most customers and concentrate on them in your campaigns.
● Enhance marketing ROI. Call tracking enables you to identify the highest-performing elements of your marketing strategy and those that need to be fine-tuned.
● Define areas for improvement. The information that you gather thanks to call tracking can come in handy for various departments of your company, not only your marketing team. Based on this data, you can understand which of your product features you should fine-tune, how you might improve your demos, what to modify in your content marketing strategy and so on.
In addition to a call tracking system, you might want to install call analytics tools. Ultimately, they should enable you to get more leads and get a competitive edge over your competitors. You'll better understand the needs and preferences of your target audience and will be able to better target marketing messages at your customers.
When choosing a call tracking system, you should start with finding out whether it supports static or dynamic number insertion. The former suggests that you should assign a unique phone number to each of the marketing channels you use. The latter dynamically swaps out numbers from your own pool of phone numbers. Every client who opens your site sees a unique phone number.
Dynamic call tracking is suitable only for online marketing. If you're planning to use offline marketing channels too, you should opt for the static variant. Besides, static call tracking is cheaper and even small and medium businesses can afford it.
Apart from that, you should look for the following features in a call tracking system:
● Multi-channel attribution. You can see each touchpoint that led to a call. You can understand which campaign drove a client to your site, which pages they visited and which last action they took before calling you.
● Call recording. It is crucial for call quality assurance. Plus, it enables you to make sure that you're driving qualified leads to your business.
● Integrations. Call tracking can integrate with Google Ads and Analytics, HubSpot and many other solutions that you might use for analytical purposes.
● Call transcription. This is an advanced feature that not every call tracking system has. You don't need to listen to each call's record. The text will be nicely organized and you'll be able to skim through it very quickly.
● Visitor tracking. This feature enables you to flag selected keywords in your calls. You might want to do so to optimize your content and product strategy.
● Call highlights. If your call tracking system supports this feature, it can automatically tag common keywords in each call. While analyzing this data, you might come across unexpected insights that might help you to better optimize your campaigns, especially those that run on Google Ads.
You can find dozens of worthy call tracking solutions on the market. Regardless of your company's size and industry, you might want to choose Bitrix24 over all its potential rivals. This product is not focused exclusively on tracking calls. Bitrix24 is a powerful and versatile system that contains a CRM, an in-built contact center, time, task and project management tools and many other useful features. It can store your customer records in a well-organized format. Each time a client reaches out to you, the information about this contact will be automatically added to their profile in your database. You can get in touch with your customers right through the Bitrix24 interface — and the system can perform call tracking for you.
The basic functionality of Bitrix24 is available at no cost. You can use this call tracking software in a cloud format, as an on-premise solution or as a mobile app for iOS and Android devices. Bitrix24 has an intuitive interface and excellent customer service.
In Bitrix24, call tracking services are available only to users of the Professional plan. Its regular price is $199 per month for an unlimited number of users — but you might be able to get a discount.
The answer depends on the specifics of the call tracking software that you install. Let's say, if you use Bitrix24 as a cloud solution or a mobile app, the call tracking functionality will become available to you as soon as you purchase the Professional plan. If you prefer the on-premise version, it will require installation.